baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Nah.  Now if I said I thought the direct slipped all his actors - sans Cranston - Sominex that might be a tad hyperbolic.  :lol:

:lol:

But look, the CAP2 clip is only interesting if you know anything about the characters. Otherwise it's just two random people, not doing anything particularly interesting (yes, obviously they have superpowers but that's not inherently interesting in a universe where plenty of people do).

• Like 1

:lol:

But look, the CAP2 clip is only interesting if you know anything about the characters. Otherwise it's just two random people, not doing anything particularly interesting (yes, obviously they have superpowers but that's not inherently interesting in a universe where plenty of people do).

I know all about the characters and I didn't even find it that interesting.  :ph34r:

Nothing much really happened in it. 

• Like 3

:lol: But look, the CAP2 clip is only interesting if you know anything about the characters. Otherwise it's just two random people, not doing anything particularly interesting (yes, obviously they have superpowers but that's not inherently interesting in a universe where plenty of people do).

By ATJ's expressions in Godzilla, looks like he can't even convinced himself that he was doing something interesting either, let alone the audience. :ph34r:
  • Like 1

I know all about the characters and I didn't even find it that interesting.  :ph34r:

Nothing much really happened in it. 

Oh I didn't find them all that interesting in that small tidbit -  just that their characters were more interesting than they were in Godzilla.  It's all relative. :ph34r:

Godzilla's trailer was more viewed in the first week of release than any of the Superhero movies it is competing with so signs of breakout were there but I wasn't expecting $90 million+. Very impressive marketing campaign by WB which makes me question their efforts for Transcendence. They probably saw it was a turd and decided to cut their losses.

• Like 1

Oh I didn't find them all that interesting in that small tidbit -  just that their characters were more interesting than they were in Godzilla.  It's all relative. :ph34r:

What characters? There was literally no characterization on screen.

• Like 1

Well, I think you are wrong. Even if you didn't find their characters in Godzilla interesting, I don't see how you can find their characters in that incredible short scene more interesting. 

:huh:

• Like 1

Oh shit Tele's throwing down. I can't support Tele in this venture though because I loved Cap: TWS.

• Like 2

Don't know if I want Godzilla to beat Cap's OW. I mean, I liked both movies a lot. What I do know is that I want it to beat Spider-Man, and I haven't even seen Spidey.

These are my feeling exactly.  ^_^

• Like 3

LOL, he wasn't that awful, and I don't even like him much in general.

Yeah, I was just trying my hands at it. How's that for "hyperbole"? He wasn't that awful I agree. But the guy needs serious lesson in emoting.
  • Like 2

Eh! Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch's characters seemed to be somewhat defined despite limited screentime.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Oh shit Tele's throwing down. I can't support Tele in this venture though because I loved Cap: TWS.

:lol: But I'm not even knocking CAP2 at all. You have a shot with two people -- clearly with superpowers -- in a cage. That's it. You may find the situation interesting. You may know the characters from the comics and look forward to how they'll be interpreted on screen. But there is absolutely zero there in terms of giving us any sort of characterization whatsoever.

• Like 5