Films

CAYOM Year 9 Discussion Thread

President's Day Weekend is going to be a big pile-up.

4 wide openers and a limited doc opener.

March 15-17 is also looking like a murderous weekend: 3 significant openers and 2 major recent holdovers

And just my luck that I end up being involved in both of them.....

Ah well, I think both of my films are probably going to do fine. (Key word being probably). Phoenix Wright has a dedicated fanbase and is different enough from the rest of the pack that it won't suffer much from the competition. And Phantom Blood seems to be the strongest entry that weekend (plus I expect The Guardians to be cannibalised by Mysteries of the Beyond) so I'm not too worried.

The Wanders had mixed WOM, SO I'm not sure about how well Guardians will perform.

Wait, Guardians is a sequel? What kind of OW did Wanders get?

We should have a limit initial budget and the revenue at the box office would be able to do other films. this would prevent one studio have many movies in a single quarter. Studios in real life do not put 5 movies in a single quarter. Exaggeration. But it's too late. We should have at least one limit films by studio in a quarter.

We should have a limit initial budget and the revenue at the box office would be able to do other films. this would prevent one studio have many movies in a single quarter. Studios in real life do not put 5 movies in a single quarter. Exaggeration. But it's too late. We should have at least one limit films by studio in a quarter.

Not for it, because it puts limits on the imagination part of the game. Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

We should have a limit initial budget and the revenue at the box office would be able to do other films. this would prevent one studio have many movies in a single quarter. Studios in real life do not put 5 movies in a single quarter. Exaggeration. But it's too late. We should have at least one limit films by studio in a quarter.

I disagree with this

Since the end of the semester is this Thursday, then this next week is going to be finals. Therefore, I can finish Happy Wheels this weekend because it's the less demanding writing process, but I may have to hold off finishing Red Pyramid until after the school year is done.Thankfully, this year is going to take place predominantly during the summer, so making films will be a breeze.

I think an exaggeration so many movies in one weekend.

But the game is not supposed to look like real life?

Typically we like to keep the game grounded, but I don't prefer limits because it takes away from the great experience this game provides. A suggestion for word limits came around last year, but we decided to scrap the idea for the same reason above.

• Like 2

The primary aim of the game is to Create Your Own Movies. Things like Box Office and Oscars are basically just for bragging rights. We don't need to place any budget limits or whatever. It'll just limit people's freedom to create. (And Films will be bankrupt in about a week.) If you're stupid enough to overstuff a quarter with films, then your failures in that quarter are your punishment.

And we do try to keep some levels of realism. While there's technically no rule against creating a sequel to a flop, it is heavily frowned upon by a lot of people here.

• Like 1

Typically we like to keep the game grounded, but I don't prefer limits because it takes away from the great experience this game provides. A suggestion for word limits came around last year, but we decided to scrap the idea for the same reason above.

noo man, I am not talking about limit of words, i am talking about number of films, has studios here put more than 4 movies in a only quarter, studios in real life don't make that.

The primary aim of the game is to Create Your Own Movies. Things like Box Office and Oscars are basically just for bragging rights. We don't need to place any budget limits or whatever. It'll just limit people's freedom to create. (And Films will be bankrupt in about a week.) If you're stupid enough to overstuff a quarter with films, then your failures in that quarter are your punishment.

And we do try to keep some levels of realism. While there's technically no rule against creating a sequel to a flop, it is heavily frowned upon by a lot of people here.

Picked up!

noo man, I am not talking about limit of words, i am talking about number of films, has studios here put more than 4 movies in a only quarter, studios in real life don't make that.

He's saying that limits don't work in this game which was proved with the 'word limit' last year

• Like 1