#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Not a bad or great number for DOFP. But it should be just fine.

BTW two woman were outside my desk talking about what brand of spray butter they like.  This day really needs to end.

• Like 1

Overshadowing Fast and Furious 12 is that Batman is being rebooted again with Robert Pattinson as the Caped Crusader.  People's holograms were going insane

oooff, so batman just goes from fat to thin

Some folks....It's been stated here several times that we can't extrapolate weekend box office from midnight results and this one might be lower than others because it opened at 10.00pm and not 7.00pm or 8.00pm like Cap 2 or Godzilla.But still people jump the gun and say the movie is underperforming.People need to calm the fudge down.

Mos had 9 million last year off pure midnights and the hobbit made 8.8 also of pure midnight so this movies opening isn't that impressive imo

in that case doesn't that make those extra shows for Cap and Godzilla?

There weren't 10 and 7 shows, just 7. X-Men just had 10. Obviously Godzilla had an advantage of being earlier but it didn't have more shows.

There weren't 10 and 7 shows, just 7. X-Men just had 10. Obviously Godzilla had an advantage of being earlier but it didn't have more shows.

what are you talking about?

Movies that start at 7 and 8 have more shows throughout the evening

• Like 5

For X-Men is it a good number? I think so. I also think this movie can't be fully enjoyed or understood without seeing the others so I can't fathom it having the appeal of other great comic films. These are really niche.

what are you talking about?Movies that start at 7 and 8 have more shows throughout the evening

Every theater I checked just had Godzilla at 7 and only 7, it's been like that for every preview movie except catching fire. Edited by The Panda

Movies that start at 7 or 8 have the opportunity of multiple 7pm starts, + 7:15, 7:30, etc, in addition to the usual round starting at 10 or later. It's not merely an earlier start, it's earlier AND more.
  • Like 3

Every theater I checked just had Godzilla at 7 and only 7, it's been like that for every preview movie except catching fire.

it's not like that everywhere. notfabio on hsx said that in his theater tasm2 had 2 more shows than ca2 cause it started 1 hour earlier.

Every theater I checked just had Godzilla at 7 and only 7, it's been like that for every preview movie except catching fire.

Nope, that's not how it works. I'm sure some smaller theaters that close early don't bother with any later shows, but just for an example, the schedule next Thursday for Maleficent and AMWTDITW at my local theater:

Maleficent - 7:00, 8:15, 10:00, 11:00, 12:01, 12:01

AMWTDITW - 8:00, 10:30, 12:01

So if your opinion of GODZILLA hasn't changed Ed, why see it again if you disliked it that much???

My friends wanted to do a double feature. Do I sit out and wait outside the theater?
  • Like 1