#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

And I think some people just don't Thursday because, well, its Thursday. Friday night is American movie night. That's when you go do your dinner and movie. Thursday just doesn't have the same feel, even in summer. I never go on Thursday, no matter what movie it is. I can wait an extra 24 hours, I'll be sleep a 1/3 of those hours anyway so its no big deal.

That, and what you said about work and school is the issues. Friday and Saturday are just easier, and it's just tradition. Date night on Thursday? Tha fuckk?

the crowd atmosphere at thursday night / midnight premiers is the real reason to go at that time.

• Like 1

It's been mighty hard to squeeze likes out of you people this week. My hands are blistering from trying to squeeze.

I'll admit, the likes haven't been as bountiful this week as the past couple...

• Like 1

X3 had 5.9m from 12am so this number is comparable to that. And considering the fact that X3 was so much more anticipated than this film is, I'm pretty sure this is not as frontloaded. Should do 40+ today.

Again, depends on how many theaters.  DOFP was in 2900 theaters for previews.  In comparison Wolverine  May 2009 was in 1783 when it did $5m ($85m opening)

$5m/ 1783  = $2,804 per

$8.1/ 2900 = $2,793 per

DOFP has far better reviews and buzz though and Thur Previews lean harder on hardcore fans than the General Audience

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

the crowd atmosphere at thursday night / midnight premiers is the real reason to go at that time.

I've never been a big midnight person. The only midnight I saw was THG and that's cuz my friends drug me too it and I was going on a trip the next day so I could sleep in the car haha. But you're right I will admit, that atmosphere was insane, I'm just not a huge fan of change and the Friday crowd has appealed to me more. I feel like I connect with the GA more than fanboys.

OMG PLEASE DON'T STONE ME OVER THAT COMMENT GUYS. I LOVE FANBOYS TOO. IM JUST AN WEEKENDER.

I'll admit, the likes haven't been as bountiful this week as the past couple...

Thursday and Friday was insane, I had like 200 and something, I was on Tele levels and I loved it. Dat Godzilla effect.

But this week has been drier than the G4 network.

Just what are you trying to squeeze there, big boy?

Tryna squeeze this Pitbull Vodka open but some idiot put the cap on too tight. If I can get it open, hopefully the likes will start to pour, that's why I only that brand I get. Dale Vodka.

Edited by Jandrew

Again, depends on how many theaters.  DOFP was in 2900 theaters for previews.  In comparison Wolverine  May 2009 was in 1783 when it did $5m ($85m opening)

$5m/ 1783  = $2,804 per

$8.1/ 2900 = $2,793 per

DOFP has far better reviews and buzz though and Thur Previews lean harder on hardcore fans than the General Audience

I don't put a lot of stock in theater counts once you go nationwide. 1800 theaters is still nationwide coverage, people just have to drive maybe five more miles when their local theater isn't playing it. If the movie is near them, and people want to see it, people will go.

"But that theater is another five to ten minutes away."

Posted Image

• Like 3

I don't put a lot of stock in theater counts once you go nationwide. 1800 theaters is still nationwide coverage, people just have to drive maybe five more miles when their local theater isn't playing it. If the movie is near them, and people want to see it, people will go.

To a large extent that same rationale could go for 8pm vs 10 pm shows.  If people want to see it enough they will go.

• Like 2

Posted Image

Beat me to it, was going to say the same thing. Unless capacity is nearly reached and there are lots of sell outs that kind of difference is neglectable

• Like 2

GODZIE has 8PM shows? CAP2 as well?

Holy Inflated Thursday!

Godzilla and Spidey had 7pm shows. Cap 2 had 8pm. All had Imax as well.

That is a great number for Xmen starting at 10pm with no Imax.

• Like 6

Beat me to it, was going to say the same thing. Unless capacity is nearly reached and there are lots of sell outs that kind of difference is neglectable

Yeah, but I have to assume $2800 per theater is far from sellout capacity. Unless the film is the last HP or Twilight, I don't think we have to worry about that. SH films don't garner that kind of preview hysteria. Not even TA reached those heights.

• Like 1

I think that's pretty fantastic.  Most of my friends (who are fans of the series) wouldn't go because it didn't start until 10PM.  Not trying to overgeneralize, but I'm sure that wasn't just my friend group that had that line of thinking.

Would love to see it be the first film of the year to hit 40 OD.

I would've seen an 8 showing with my wife and daughter. 10 is just too late for most kids and this adult on a work/school night.

That is the only reason I didn't go to a 10pm. And nobody wants to see this movie more than me. :lol:

• Like 2

That is the only reason I didn't go to a 10pm. And nobody wants to see this movie more than me. :lol:

You know there's someone that painted themselves completely blue and showed up for midnights even though they had to be at work at 8am who wanted to see it more. :lol:

• Like 2