#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

I feel the same way. Midnights started losing their luster for me when they became so teen-heavy--and not just teen fans, but teens in general who go because it's a popular thing to do now.

Real midnight shows are officially a thing of the past. :(

Yeah when I saw Cap's double feature it felt like a fan event. When I saw Godzilla's Thursday night showing.......not so much.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

So the Tele family is staying at a beach house this weekend. No WiFi, limited TV channels, and an ancient VCR with a dozen tapes or so. No Pixar movies to keep Tele Jr occupied.

...but there are copies of the '97 Star Wars SE.

So Tele Jr watched Star Wars (which he promptly dubbed "Other Robot"). The early scenes with Threepjo and Artoo had him interested and excited, because "bobots". Then Vader showed up and he gasped and went "WOW....."

:D

Posted Image

• Like 12

So the Tele family is staying at a beach house this weekend. No WiFi, limited TV channels, and an ancient VCR with a dozen tapes or so. No Pixar movies to keep Tele Jr occupied....but there are copies of the '97 Star Wars SE.So Tele Jr watched Star Wars (which he promptly dubbed "Other Robot"). The early scenes with Threepjo and Artoo had him interested and excited, because "bobots". Then Vader showed up and he gasped and went "WOW....." :D

Whoring for likes. Fine.

• Like 7

So the Tele family is staying at a beach house this weekend. No WiFi, limited TV channels, and an ancient VCR with a dozen tapes or so. No Pixar movies to keep Tele Jr occupied....but there are copies of the '97 Star Wars SE.So Tele Jr watched Star Wars (which he promptly dubbed "Other Robot"). The early scenes with Threepjo and Artoo had him interested and excited, because "bobots". Then Vader showed up and he gasped and went "WOW....." :D

God....you're such a whore.  :rolleyes:    *proceeds to like comment*

• Like 1

Crap. I was torn on Question 1 this week (10PM starts!), but everyone was so gung-ho about them being packed, I went with yes. Ah, well. Shoulda gone with my gut

• Like 2

Crap. I was torn on Question 1 this week (10PM starts!), but everyone was so gung-ho about them being packed, I went with yes. Ah, well. Shoulda gone with my gut

I should have mentioned that everybody in my theater had Oakley shades so it may not have been representative of general public

Nobody had Oakley shades

• Like 3

If only grim were here...

• Like 1

So the people who went at 10pm didn't have anything important to do today? That's silly! I had a ton to do last Friday and I managed to catch a 10pm showing of Godzilla...so yeah.....

I don't pretend to know everyone else, their priorities or responsibilities.

I was addressing your outrageous assertion that "those who really wanted to see it would've just gone".

That's not the case. Great you made it happen for Godzilla, you still made a sweeping generalization not rooted in reality. 

• Like 1

8.1M? Less than TASM2. I was expecting a bit more.

but just remember that spider-man started earlier when a lot of families could still go. With schools still in, at least where I am, It could mean a bigger friday number. Just a thought. Not saying it will explode, but I think the number could be deflated a bit, while the likes a spider-man, a much more kid friendly film, could have been boosted a bit by having the earlier showings.