#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

You know there's someone that painted themselves completely blue and showed up for midnights even though they had to be at work at 8am who wanted to see it more. :lol:

Well I don't care about work but I have a daughter and no babysitter.

• Like 6

• Founder / Operator

It's a great # for no IMAX but it's not going to have IMAX during it's run so...

Very true, but IIRC, IMAX typically sells a higher share of preview business versus regular shows. It may not be a significant difference--unfortunately we have no way of knowing.

Edited by ShawnMR

Well I don't care about work but I have a daughter and no babysitter.

And you know there are those people who don't care about their children enough not to dress them up as Wolverine and drag them to a Midnight show annoying the crap out of their fellow audience members.  Those are the people that put the fanatic in fan!  Where's your irrational fervor!

And you know there are those people who don't care about their children enough not to dress them up as Wolverine and drag them to a Midnight show annoying the crap out of their fellow audience members.  Those are the people that put the fanatic in fan!  Where's your irrational fervor!

LOL I don't need to do all of that.

My "Midnights" days are pretty much over after TDKR.   I guess I'm getting older, I like to go in the early afternoon now.  But for Xmen I'm doing the old school Friday night.  Great, now I'm going to get a lot of teenagers, lol. 

• Like 3

My "Midnights" days are pretty much over after TDKR.   I guess I'm getting older, I like to go in the early afternoon now.  But for Xmen I'm doing the old school Friday night.  Great, now I'm going to get a lot of teenagers, lol. 

This is the only movie I ever saw at midnights, and I regretted it immediately. I was half asleep and one of my mates actually fell asleep. Never again.

• Founder / Operator

I feel the same way. Midnights started losing their luster for me when they became so teen-heavy--and not just teen fans, but teens in general who go because it's a popular thing to do now.

Real midnight shows are officially a thing of the past. :(

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 4

There's being a fanatic and then there's daring Child Services to come after you.  Dragging your child out in public naked and blue might accomplish the later.  :ph34r:

:lol:

This is the only movie I ever saw at midnights, and I regretted it immediately. I was half asleep and one of my mates actually fell asleep. Never again.

Really?  From Episode I on, I did Midnights for almost all the BIG Blockbusters.  It became a tradition for me to open the Summer Midnight Showing.  Tons of Marvel films, Star Wars and The Matrix sequels etc.  But TDKR was insane, not just cause of the shooting but when I got out of the theater it was so crowded I thought to myself "This midnight thing is a drag now".  Previews are cool but 10PM is basically midnight, you still getting home at 1 in the morning.  But I think "Episode VII" is going to bring me back to midnight again for one last time cause I know I won't be able to wait, lol. 

• Like 1

I feel the same way. Midnights started losing their luster for me when they became so teen-heavy--and not just teen fans, but teens in general who go because it's a popular thing to do now.

Real midnight shows are officially a thing of the past. :(

Exactly Shawn, Midnights use to be so fun.  The crowds were great and the fans really got into the films.  Now way to crowded, way to much drama.  I want to just sit and enjoy the movie.  I know they say only "Old people" watch early shows, lol but it's cool to watch movies early afternoon before the rush.  

• Like 3

So the Tele family is staying at a beach house this weekend. No WiFi, limited TV channels, and an ancient VCR with a dozen tapes or so. No Pixar movies to keep Tele Jr occupied....but there are copies of the '97 Star Wars SE. So Tele Jr watched Star Wars (which he promptly dubbed "Other Robot"). The early scenes with Threepjo and Artoo had him interested and excited, because "bobots". Then Vader showed up and he gasped and went "WOW.....":D

• Like 21