#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

it just bothers me is all. Anna paquin's a really good actress and she's basically right next to wolverine as the most important character in the first movie. if they'd kinda built up her confidence as the movies went on and have her be more like the cartoon she coulda really shined. wasted.

• Like 4

I am just glad they

rebooted the whole thing. Now we can have one timeline with the younger cast + Wolverine and another timeline with the older cast + Wolverine. Is there any other story with time travelling? 

• Like 1

The biggest problem with the X-Men series has been the need to make every movie a BIG EVENT movie with stuff with huge ramifications. Thus we only ever got a handful of mutants the story has centered around and everyone else was seven-line extended cameos at best pretty much. X-Men is the property best suited to a wide diversification of movies since you can have different movies following different groups, with stuff coming together in the occasional EVENT flick.

First Class and The Wolverine never felt like event movies. They actually felt like smaller movies leading to something bigger (DOFP).

• Like 1

I am just glad they

rebooted the whole thing. Now we can have one timeline with the younger cast + Wolverine and another timeline with the older cast + Wolverine. Is there any other story with time travelling? 

Age of Apocalypse...although more of an alternatre future timeline thing but no reason it couldn't work...

Edited by AC Slater

it just bothers me is all. Anna paquin's a really good actress and she's basically right next to wolverine as the most important character in the first movie. if they'd kinda built up her confidence as the movies went on and have her be more like the cartoon she coulda really shined. wasted.

She is wasted. But Goddamnit so is Storm and Cyclops. They are the two leaders. Prof X left and right hands. Love it when he sends them on their own separate missions like in Night of Sentinel cartoons.

• Like 3

She is wasted. But Goddamnit so is Storm and Cyclops. They are the two leaders. Prof X left and right hands. Love it when he sends them on their own separate missions like in Night of Sentinel cartoons.

i think they coulda got someone better than halle berry. she's not good in that part.

• Like 1

First Class and The Wolverine never felt like event movies. They actually felt like smaller movies leading to something bigger (DOFP).

I was referring more towards the consequences of X2 and 3.

Age of Apocalypse...although more of an alternatre future timeline thing but no reason it couldn't work...

I can see they doing that. That movie they have in mid July 2018 may just be it. 

I am just glad they

I don't think we'll have any more films with the old cast.

The final scene in the Future felt like a sendoff for all of them

Edited by Numbers of House Stark
  • Like 2

i think they coulda got someone better than halle berry. she's not good in that part.

Is it her or is it the way she's written as timid and soft spoken? Storm is anything but this. I'm sure some of it is Halle B. but a lot of it is how they've written Storm.

The biggest problem with the X-Men series has been the need to make every movie a BIG EVENT movie with stuff with huge ramifications. Thus we only ever got a handful of mutants the story has centered around and everyone else was seven-line extended cameos at best pretty much. X-Men is the property best suited to a wide diversification of movies since you can have different movies following different groups, with stuff coming together in the occasional EVENT flick.

I would love them to go for an avengers route with different teams. X-Force movie one year, (blink,sunspot,kitty,iceman etc) one year, cyclops jean storm etc one year then a big event movie with all. So many wasted one minute cameos don't do any justice to these characters. It would be better if I can connect to characters so I can be sad or happy or angry about their journeys on big screen. X-men is one big universe they should utilize this more