#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

not so much "the spinoffs" but more like "the quality"

Bringing back Patrick Stewart helped no doubt, but it's extremely safe to assume that if First Class was the same quality as X3, we wouldn't be looking at anywhere near a 90M ow for DOFP. The quality of First Class surely helped a lot.

Not to mention Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in a starring role. Let's face it, he is the Tony Stark/Iron Man of the X-Men.

• Like 1

Just finished DOFP. Yeah it was good. Real good. A true return to X1 & X2 form that could really relaunch the franchise. I was pretty skeptical of DOFP because I thought XMFC was a good first step to reviving the franchise and it felt like they were just throwing it away. Glad to be wrong.

• Like 4

Wow... Al bundy is a supreme Mixed MMA Guy... Just had to post this as I watch

a crazy documentation thats so awesome on Bruce Lee. Did you all know that Kobe Bryant al

also was inspired by Bruce Lee and does MMA to get ready for NBA games.. Cool

RIP Sensai Bruce Lee... You are the greatest.. Love you. Bruce died about a month before

I was born thats pretty spooky.> And he also got me into martial arts(I do some shaolin,

Jeet Kune Do and a lil grappling)  :'(

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

Sat

DOFP 29.5,Godz 11.8,Blend 5.2, N 5,TASM2 3,MDA 1.6

Thanks for the #s, Rth. It's always great to have your #s to go by instead of Deadline & Nikki's.  ^_^

Edited by Empire
  • Like 2

X2 was a response to X1 being as good as it was at the time.

At one point X-Men was actually popular. Shame they screwed it up for so long.

X1 was great, and X2 was amazing. And who broke that chain of excellence?

Not good :-( At least it increased minus previews. Its looking at just above 90M 3-day and somewhere between 105-110 for 4-day.

well it's not bad. it's pretty much what i predicted(91/110) and i didn't feel like it would be a flop. most people predicted something similar too. it only seems unimpressive cause we hyped ourselves up.

the way i see it:

this is the best reviewed cbm yet among top critics.

it has a huge increase of first class and wolverine, particularly os.

singer is 3/4 for great x-men movies(counting first class which he produced).

matthew vaughn is hopefully waiting in the wings to take on solo movies.

the cast is amazing, and a new storm, cyclops, and jean are waiting to be cast, so it's only going to get better.

overall i'm optimistic.

Ok, so a MD weekend under FF6. Not by much tough. I still see X-Men passing 240, maybe 250...

$220M - $235M.

FF6 had a 3 days opening at $98M, a 4 days opening at $117M and finished its run at 238,679,850

Edited by Ent

Re: XM5/X7

The plot feels like a rehash of FIRST CLASS with the fate of world hanging in precarious balance and  solely in the hands of the more extreme members of the Team. The only high point is Quicksilver and the Pentagon break-out, and he leaves the band all too quickly. All the other cool mutant magic show is performed by Erik. Magneto's rally for mutants to "come out" feels like a Pride speech. The futuristic X-Men are wasted and I feel like they are generic straight-to-video stuff. Bring back Quicksilver next time and give him more stuff to do. You can tell all the money went to the stars' pocket book. The action & effects are pretty cool but they seem to come infrequently & rather conservative with a high budget of $200M. A combination of Jackman, JLaw, Stewart & Fassbender are too much for Fox, yea? They are concentrating their capital reserve on AVATAR 2, 3, and 4. And that PROMETHEUS sequel will not be cheap, if they want to reboot ALIEN series.

• Like 1

$220M - $235M.

FF6 had a 3 days opening at $98M, a 4 days opening at $117M and finished its run at 238,679,850

I love the series and characters. It's too bad Fox is not cracking their brains to save, sorry, improve the series' attendance. OS will clean up though. China numbers should be biggish, close to $90M is possible.

Edited by zackzack