#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Your opinion of course. I haven't seen it. I'm just saying studios announce sequels then back out all the time.

On a completely unrelated note, I just noticed SR is at 6.2 on IMDb. That's 0.1 lower than SM3. Now, I can stand SM3 but...

Posted Image

It's because people remember SM3 (even if it's not in a good way), and no one remembers SR. Nothing can kill public reception of a movie like boredom.

Yeah, sure it is.. That's why I'm seeing GODZILLA and DOTFP both underperforming compared to the numbers dished out.. Face it: It was a bummer of a Memorial Day Weekend this time out.. Better luck next Memorial Day weekend which is sure to be a hit with TA2..

Desperate BKB is desperate.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Yeah, sure it is.. That's why I'm seeing GODZILLA and DOTFP both underperforming compared to the numbers dished out.. Face it: It was a bummer of a Memorial Day Weekend this time out.. Better luck next Memorial Day weekend which is sure to be a hit with TA2..

The Avengers 2 ... 4th weekend.

What else is opening that weekend?

Imagine it is 2002 and you witnessed a historial year in box office and the rise of cgi.  The Mummy Returns, Pearl Harbor, Shrek, Hannibal, Planet of the Apes, Jurassic Park 3, Rush Hour 2 and American Pie 2 were all contributing to something special.  The year then ends with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.  2002 comes alone and Spider-man rewrites the box office.  Attack of the Clones then does 80/110 and struggles for 300.  that is it.  no more hope of Star Wars reinventing the cinema.  Star Wars forever just another number.  The box office is a cruel cold world and just be happy that DOFP is at least a good movie and not a ripoff.

and then the next year Matrix Reloaded followed by Revolutions =(

It's because people remember SM3 (even if it's not in a good way), and no one remembers SR. Nothing can kill public reception of a movie like boredom.

People remember B&R and it's well below 4. Also, SR made a half billion less at the WW box office and has nearly as many votes as SM3 209k vs 269k. The hate ratio is higher for SR. 4.6% "one" votes to 4% for SM3. That's not all apathy, that's a lot of hate.

On the contrary, I think it is all of YOU who are desperate right now for these numbers to be wrong and that you all hope Nikki is wrong and DOTFP made more than what it really did..

You predicted this would do The Wolverine numbers.Ha...fucking...ha.You lose. Edited by kowhite
  • Like 2

On the contrary, I think it is all of YOU who are desperate right now for these numbers to be wrong and that you all hope Nikki is wrong and DOTFP made more than what it really did..

Compared to what you predicted, the movie is overperforming.

Out by a mile.. 75M for 3 day and 90M for 4 days..

For the 3-day weekend, you're likely off by at least ten million.

• Like 1

Personally I'm fine with that number. Could it be bigger sure, but X-Men has never really been as popular something like The Avengers.

At least it increased from First Class.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

People remember B&R and it's well below 4. Also, SR made a half billion less at the WW box office and has nearly as many votes as SM3 209k vs 269k. The hate ratio is higher for SR. 4.6% "one" votes to 4% for SM3. That's not all apathy, that's a lot of hate.

People remember B&R because its considered to be the worst comic book movie ever made.

• Like 2

Anyways, wouldn't that be something if nothing does hit 100m OW this summer? If Transformers underperforms it will probably happen.

At this point, I'm rooting for no summer movie to hit it.

I just realised I have The Call sitting on the DVR. I'm going to watch it. I hope the baumer who watched this was the baumer who watched DOFP and not Twilight.