#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

well, all movies co-exist with each other all the time. without tasm2, godzilla and x-men ca2 would have gone way past 300m. those arguments don't hold man.

A2k the weather diaster also factors into the weird numbers... I dont care how you slice, weather and flooding, earthquakes

can destroy even the biggest behemoths and certainly make them lose millions..

No flooding hitting the NE so massively.. Godzilla would be at 50-60M 4 day and Xmen would have had way over a 130M for the 4 day I think.  I hope Avengers, Superman and Batman and especially the Juggernaut have no weather disasters

affecting their respective runs and its clean run!!! I want to see maximum BO potential for both, not hindered by Nature.

Wow...You didn't have to hurt him like that...

There is a warning in the title and the last few days have been crazy when it comes to spoilers showing up in the Weekend Numbers thread or other threads. Stronger measures were needed.

• Like 2

A2k the weather diaster also factors into the weird numbers... I dont care how you slice, weather and flooding, earthquakes

No flooding hitting the NE so massively.. Godzilla would be at 50-60M 4 day and Xmen would have had way over a 130M for the 4 day I think.  I hope Avengers, Superman and Batman and especially the Juggernaut have no weather disasters

affecting their respective runs and its clean run!!! I want to see maximum BO potential for both, not hindered by Nature.

it wasn't an earthquake and it wasn't a typhoon. you're hiding something  - mixed wom, amazing over-performing ow

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

BKB was topic banned for 24 hours for originally posting the spoiler without tags. Anyone who fails to adhere to the spoiler policy will likewise be topic banned.

Hey water buddy, did you give him a warning about spoilers.. Ouch.. BKB was really behaving

as were we all.. I do get you have to be strict with spoiler posting out of ctrl.

Well its only 24hrs BKB will be back, but I hope you  let him off the hook sooner if he promises not to to do it again Watery one :)

Flooding in NE is the difference between a 4 day under 40 million ... and 50-60 million ... and 110 vs. 130.

Posted Image

• Like 3

i actually don't mind godzilla's 40m 4-day. it's still bigger than pac rim's ow.

i think it's a big hit with ~550 ww, ends the movie on a great last 20-30 min (there's a consensus on this) and has launched a franchise.

so everything now is a gravy. but i wouldn't go into nature taking away millions from godzila. that's just trying to re-live the movie in real life.

Edited by a2k

it wasn't an earthquake and it wasn't a typhoon. you're hiding something  - mixed wom, amazing over-performing ow

Hah hah my friend, Im just saying both would have made more...Thats some millions worth of tickets that wont be going to

the box office anytime soon..Its fema level flooding all over the NE.. So a whole lot of films wont be making

#s they should have made 2nd and OW. Makes me wonder if Godzilla would have made more than 115M if no storms and big flooding A2k.. I dont think WOM is as bad as you say.. When you look at non  haters most give Godzilla an

A or B+ :P.  Shoot I think Godzilla  would have done more than 93M.. I dont think it over performed to its full potential lol

Flooding in NE is the difference between a 4 day under 40 million ... and 50-60 million ... and 110 vs. 130.

Posted Image

Thousands of NE represent millions of tickets and we have 8 million people in just NY Alone.

Your kidding right?  LOL. NE contributes Im pretty sure more than 40-50% of movie tickets. Thats all we do

on weekends and even weekdays. :P

Edited by Superman001

Hey water buddy, did you give him a warning about spoilers.. Ouch.. BKB was really behaving

as were we all.. I do get you have to be strict with spoiler posting out of ctrl.

Well its only 24hrs BKB will be back, but I hope you  let him off the hook sooner if he promises not to to do it again Watery one :)

There is a warning in the title of the thread.

• Like 2

There is a warning in the title of the thread.

I wish everyone would just resist and dont post spoilers period without warnings.

Is it okay to use spoiler tags in this thread or no spoiler content period is the rule Cjohn :)?

Also what are you expecting for GODZILLA in Japan and China. :)?

I hear some say in China Godzilla could get to 120-160+M,, Japan 75-120+.. I hope we get the xfactor..Come on Godzilla fans!!

Yea? Dean from ya celly sounds very reliable.
  • Like 2

Thousands of NE represent millions of tickets and we have 8 million people in just NY Alone.

Your kidding right?  LOL

7.9 million of those people who likely didn't give a shit about seeing Godzilla this weekend anyway.

Disasters happen ... but the effect is NOT going to be 25-50% higher for Godzilla. 

• Like 1

I wish everyone would just resist and dont post spoilers period without warnings.

Is it okay to use spoiler tags in this thread or no spoiler content period is the rule Cjohn :)?

It is okay to use spoilers as long as they are inside spoiler tags.

• Community Manager

From the rules:

[*]SPOILERS: Spoilers are NOT allowed unless otherwise noted in a sub-forum and/or topic! They must be posted within spoiler tags to hide them from public view (where a member has the option to manually reveal the spoiler or choose not to).

A spoiler is defined as ANYTHING not officially released by a studio or film's director prior to the release of a film. But use your best judgment here...

Additionally, a "spoiler" is considered as such until two weeks after the North American release of a film. From then on, publicly posted spoilers of new movies--within reason--will not subject you to disciplinary action.

NOTE: Spoilers are allowed in the Review forum at any given time, so beware before venturing in there!

• Like 2

7.9 million of those people who likely didn't give a shit about seeing Godzilla this weekend anyway. Disasters happen ... but the effect is NOT going to be 25-50% higher for Godzilla.

Just leave Kal be. He lives in Pandora.
  • Like 4