#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

I saw it in 3D and no it's not.  I don't remember seeing any good 3D effects, it was mostly just depth difference.

I thought it looked great in 3D, one of the best 3D films I have seen recently. It was shot natively as well and many shots are clearly conceived with 3D in mind. To not see it in 3D is to not get the full experience the director intended. 

and the visual element was incredibly weak in let it go. elsa making goofy faces+creates a monotone ice palace is NOT a visual extravaganza.

^this is strong imagery. we'll never see this kind of song again in modern disney.

Incredibly weak? I am sorry but this kind of hyperbole just rubs me the wrong way. I can see why old school disney fans get annoyed when people say Frozen is the best thing since sliced bread. I agree, it is not, but this kind of snobby aloofness wrapped into nostalgia can get really tiring. I understand that Frozens themes and imagery did not click with your taste but throwing around absolutes like that is just incredibly pretentious.

As for Frollos villain song: yes that is pretty epic, i give you that, but we wont see this kind of visuals again because hand drawn went the way of the dodo (which i am actually also pretty sad about) and because the tone of this movie was all over the place... CG does have a different look and feel but if applied correctly (as is done in Frozen) it can produce some wonderful results. What i will say is that i love animated movies that can get a little darker/mature (Mononoke Hime is among my favourites with respect to that), but most of the time when disney tried going there they failed.

To the middle of nowhere with no resources to go anywhere.

Hail Gotham Return Plothole. ;)

Posted Image

had to post this once

:P

Hmm, nasty editses

Edited by darkelf
  • Like 6

To the middle of nowhere with no resources to go anywhere.Hail Gotham Return Plothole. ;)its not a plot hole.

Thank goodness you edited, because for a second I thought you were serious and I was gonna go hard on you about plot holes hehe

• Like 3

To the middle of nowhere with no resources to go anywhere.Hail Gotham Return Plothole. ;)its not a plot hole.

and what about that sign on the bridge? how did he do that?

let's talk about it too.

:ph34r:

• Like 3

Thank goodness you edited, because for a second I thought you were serious and I was gonna go hard on you about plot holes hehe

I edited it in because some posters are unable to grasp wink smileys
  • Like 3

and what about that sign on the bridge? how did he do that?

let's talk about it too.

:ph34r:

The amount of nitpicks TDKR got was nuts. I could find lots of nitpicks too for TDK if I wanted to.

People are really harsh about TDKR. I still don't get why. I love that movie :wub:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Yeah CHD, GODZILLA is not going to make a profit for the studio..  :rolleyes: I may not be no box office expert like some of the premadonna's around here, but if you think this movie hasn't already made the studio a profit, even WW, Then you've been raiding my stash cause this is going to clean up on Blu-Ray/DVD when it comes out.. Hell, this will do better than PACIFIC RIM did..

Posted Image

• Like 1

The amount of nitpicks TDKR got was nuts. I could find lots of nitpicks too for TDK if I wanted to.

People are really harsh about TDKR. I still don't get why. I love that movie :wub:

Posted Image

and that school bus just came in thru the wall at the exact right time. oh wow. lol. lol.

• Like 1