#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Rank the Singer X-Men and Nolan Batman films.

I like both, singers Xmen movies have a lot more character development and usually end up being more emotionally engaging whereas Nolan Batman movies substitutes that for a sometimes brilliant script and grit.

hm these numbers... i can just see the headlines on november 23rd now: "the hunger games mockingjay part 1 burns past 160m for the first 100-million-dollar opening weekend of the year"

aka dofp <100m 3-day

There's still T4 which has been the best candidate for 100 OW anyway

I'm sorry, but I could give more useful information than Nikki sometimes.

Nikki Finke @NikkiFinke ·"X-men earning money at cinemas, Blended too. More exclusive updates soon"

Edited by BobbyJohn
  • Like 2

He said it's performing like STiD, that's all. And I disagreed with him. I don't see the controversy.

I think he meant the actual #s this weekend, not the percentages

Not a disaster but not good either. Doesn't have much to do with WOM but with direct same-demo competition from X-men opening IMO.

So meh then? Ah well. How is the final gross looking at this point?

I've said nothing but good things about DOFP...I haven't even mentioned how awesome Quicksilver was. Awesome!

The difference in opinion on that character (from myself and seemingly the general public) from the Empire Magazine cover ... to the actual film is mind blowing.  Shocking.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 4

Not a disaster but not good either. Doesn't have much to do with WOM but with direct same-demo competition from X-men opening IMO.

It does have to do with WOM too, since if people were loving it it would have a good hold regardless of competition. 60% isn't good under any scenario.

• Like 1