#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Obviously it has done very well, but a movie that came out of nowhere to a huge OW like that should hold better than this. It's not a good sign if you were looking at Godzilla as the big new franchise on the block

AN X-MEN MOVIE WILL OPEN OVER 40M OD AND PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT GODZILLA HAVING A 10M FRIDAY AFTER OPENING WITH 93M!

This place sometimes....

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 8

Godzilla sequel is guaranteed to decrease because there is no novelty . It is just Godzilla going to fight another creature or something

Don't worry, they will add Batman  :ph34r:

• Like 5

Well they're still going ahead with ST and it didn't have an impressive run.

Probably gonna have a much smaller budget. Also I doubt any fans are actually looking forward to Orci's Trek, lol

• Like 2

I enjoyed DoFP but the Sentinels' absence was very noticeable. 

This should probably be a spoiler convo so....

I don't see how it was noticeable? They were barely advertised in the marketing and clearly not the focal point of the movie. Those would be the X-Men. The X-Men themselves are the main protagonists and antagonists of all their movies. And I thought the Sentinels  had plenty of screentime, especially since they showed up in both future and past. Anymore time would have been unnecessary since you can't really "develop" them as characters. They were just badass and totally delivered what they needed to. If Godzilla's absence, (who is THE focal point and draw of the movie he's named after), didn't bug you it makes zero sense why characters' lack of screentime who aren't the focus of a movie would.

Edited by MovieMan89

Well they're still going ahead with ST and it didn't have an impressive run.

Which confounds me as well.

• Like 2

Obviously it has done very well, but a movie that came out of nowhere to a huge OW like that should hold better than this. 

Nope. The higher the OW, the smaller the legs. If this had opened to $60m, we probably wouldn't have seen a big drop.  

AN X-MEN MOVIE WILL OPEN OVER 40M OD AND PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT GODZILLA HAVING A 10M FRIDAY AFTER OPENING WITH 93M!

This place sometimes....

Next week if Maleficent or A Million Ways to Die break out people will be scared that X-Men has a big (though in retrospect perfectly normal) drop. 

• Like 2

Probably gonna have a much smaller budget. Also I doubt any fans are actually looking forward to Orci's Trek, lol

That is gonna bomb hard.