#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

This should probably be a spoiler convo so....

I don't see how it was noticeable? They were barely advertised in the marketing and clearly not the focal point of the movie. Those would be the X-Men. The X-Men themselves are the main protagonists and antagonists of all their movies. And I thought the Sentinels  had plenty of screentime, especially since they showed up in both future and past. Anymore time would have been unnecessary since you can't really "develop" them as characters. They were just badass and totally delivered what they needed to. If Godzilla's absence, who is THE focal point and draw of the movie he's named after, didn't bug you it makes zero sense why characters who aren't the focus of a movie's lack of screentime would.

The Sentinels were a very obvious piece of the marketing. We literally got shown everything with them. It's disappointing that we've waited years for the Sentinels and all we get are at most 10 minutes of screen time with them while they barely do anything.

AN X-MEN MOVIE WILL OPEN OVER 40M OD AND PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT GODZILLA HAVING A 10M FRIDAY AFTER OPENING WITH 93M!

This place sometimes....

Well it's not like an X-men movie hasn't done that before. Sure it was 8 years ago but it's been done. :D

But seriously I don't see much franchise potential here

It depends on what they do next. I assume a sequel will come out in 2018 with Gareth doing Star Wars now.

• Like 1

The Sentinels were a very obvious piece of the marketing. We literally got shown everything with them. It's disappointing that we've waited years for the Sentinels and all we get are at most 10 minutes of screen time with them while they barely do anything.

So then how on earth can you like Godzilla?

:lol: That's the MAIN character who barely gets screentime and does anything. The Sentinels scenes were badass, and totally delivered. Again, there's only so much you can do with them that would enhance the story. Unlike Godzilla who had plenty of open missed opportunities as a character. If they had focused more on the Sentinels it would have just been a mindless action flick without the great plot and characterization it had. Godzilla had neither a ton of great action or great plot/characters on the other hand.

Edited by MovieMan89

It depends on what they do next. I assume a sequel will come out in 2018 with Gareth doing Star Wars now.

Ugh CJohn, don't say that...I'm not getting any younger here. That is such a long ways away.
  • Like 1

:lol: That's the MAIN character who barely gets screentime and does anything. The Sentinels scenes were badass, and totally delivered. Again, there's only so much you can do with them that would enhance the story. Unlike Godzilla who had plenty of open missed opportunities as a character.

When is Godzilla the main character in his own movie? Have you seen classic Godzilla movies?
  • Like 1

Ugh CJohn, don't say that...I'm not getting any younger here. That is such a long ways away.

I was expecting 2016 but that is impossible now. 2017 seems unlikely too.

• Like 1

:lol: That's the MAIN character who barely gets screentime and does anything. The Sentinels scenes were badass, and totally delivered. Again, there's only so much you can do with them that would enhance the story. Unlike Godzilla who had plenty of open missed opportunities as a character. If they had focused more on the Sentinels it would have just been a mindless action flick without the great plot and characterization it had. Godzilla had neither a ton of great action or great plot/characters on the other hand.

What JGAR said. He's not the main character. He's the main plot device. Just like the Sentinels, and when Godzilla does something it has weight to it. When the Sentinels do something it feels bland and kind of silly. Their best moment was killing Storm and that was over quickly. Overall the Sentinels were the biggest hindrance to the film.

I was expecting 2016 but that is impossible now. 2017 seems unlikely too.

I was expecting 2016 too until Gareth accepted that other project and I was like "uh-oh, maybe I'll see it on my death bed."

Well if you call a movie that and market him as the main draw, people today are gonna expect him to be the main character.

That's the stupidest thing I've read in a while. So the title means that he's going to be a main character? What should Godzilla do as the main character? Honestly that logic makes no sense. 

• Like 1