BenedictL11

The Fault in Our Stars OS Thread

Why does firedeep think that an English speaking film like this one will bomb in non english speaking places?  Do they not use subtitles?

• Like 1

Because the book is a totally unknown property outside of english speaking countries.

Only 20,000 copies for tie-in edition here. And even those are hard to sell. People are just not interested here. I guess it will be more or less the same in many other markets.

• Like 1

So if it is so unknown, then why are there predictions of about 100+ internationally?  I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking because I want to understand where the predictions are coming from.

So if it is so unknown, then why are there predictions of about 100+ internationally?  I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking because I want to understand where the predictions are coming from.

They see it opens big DOM, so they automatically think it will be big OS as well, using the OS>DOM or 2:3 rule. They didnt look at how similar movies usually do OS.