Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Awesome! Go Xmen! Makes me so happy.

It'll beat Cap 2 if it keeps this up.  :P

Personally, I'd be happy with that. I liked 'em both (preferred DOFP), so Cap taking DOM and DOFP WW would be great.

Edited by reddevil18

It'll beat Cap 2 if it keeps this up.  :P

Personally, I'd be happy with that. I liked 'em both (preferred DOFP), so Cap taking DOM and DOFP WW would be great.

I won't be mad. I love Xmen. They're my number one comic characters. I just liked Cap 2 more than DOFP. :D

Plus Cap 2's worldwide box office was a big surprise. $700m wasn't on anybody's radar. So I'm happy about that.

Edited by ECSTASY

Godzilla overseas update!

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic:  $174,657,000   46.6%

+ Foreign: $200,000,000  53.4%

= Worldwide:  $374,657,000

After that OW...this is just sad. Seriously, I dare anyone argue that audiences are displeased with the lack of Godzilla and action when looking at its OS performance. China will help, but even there I expect it to plummet after the OW.

I won't be mad. I love Xmen. They're my number one comic characters. I just liked Cap 2 more than DOFP. :D

Plus Cap 2's worldwide box office was a big surprise. $700m wasn't on anybody's radar. So I'm happy about that.

I think X-M: DOFP beating both CA: TWS and TASM ll is the bigger surprise.

I stopped clicking on my notifications just to see the number get bigger and bigger. It finally reached 100.

(It's also kinda a fun mystery to guess which posts are getting likes, and from whom.)

• Like 1

it opened with 103m and only now just crossed 200m overseas. 350m overseas even might not happen.

Or it might overperform in China and Japan just like it did domestically. $400m overseas might happen, yeah it'll probably need a killer OW from China and Japan, but it's not impossible. $550M WW would still be very good considering it needs to make $380M WW to make money back and it's virtually there right now.

Or it might overperform in China and Japan just like it did domestically.$400m overseas might happen, yeah it'll probably need a killer OW from China and Japan, but it's not impossible.$550M WW would still be very good considering it needs to make $380M WW to make money back and it's virtually there right now.

China probably won't make more than 80m thanks to the competition

Japanese people won't support the movie, especially after they see it

I stopped clicking on my notifications just to see the number get bigger and bigger. It finally reached 100.

(It's also kinda a fun mystery to guess which posts are getting likes, and from whom.)

I've done that. Now at 402. Ha ha.