Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

There is a good chance that TASM2 fails $200m DOM

If it makes less than $205m, its the steepest decent for a Spidey yet

Never the less will the series be remembered for the landmarks it set: first OW over $100m, almost 3 yeartoppers -

or will it be remembered as the series, where every sequel made less than its predecessor and by a lot:

-30m

-37m

-64m

-60m ?

-50m ??

-40m  ???

The series will be remembered for the Raimi trilogy. That is where the huge box office impact was felt.

The series will be remembered for the Raimi trilogy. That is where the huge box office impact was felt.

And it, along with the first X-Men, started the current superhero trend. Yes, yes, Blade - but that was nowhere near the same level, so it's X-Men kicking life into it and Spider-Man making it soar. 

• Like 2

ff6 and hangover 2 followed their 63-64% drops with a 44% drop in weekend 3. dofp could well do that.

indy4 3rd weekend drop was 49%.

x3 and potc3 were 52-53% down in weekend 3.

so <50% very reasonable for dofp. and ff6 like <45% too.

ff6 and hangover 2 followed their 63-64% drops with a 44% drop in weekend 3. dofp could well do that.

I'll just assume it drops another 55%+, and call it a day.

Edited by reddevil18

MoS was much better than Godzilla, so it makes sense.  ;)

Yeap, that I agree with. But my comment should just work as fuel for the MoS haters/Godzilla lovers.

So the Godzilla fanatics are hoping DOFP drops 65%+?Makes sense. Godzilla has horrible drops because of the WOM. The movie was clearly received mixed by fans.It will barely hit 200M after a 98M opening. Ugh.

98?

Bitch. The opening was 93M.

If you gonna go for the jugular, at LEAST,  get the number correct.

BYE, FELICIA.

Edited by Clairezilla Hol7
  • Like 6

All I can say is this is mostly wrong.  The numbers I used did not include any of Thursday's grosses.  I know better than that.  Also the data involved a "sample" of theatres if by sample you mean a total of 3,600 theatres or more.  That is, it was the vast majority of total theatres that have the ability to report grosses.  I was also very careful to use comps that were being polled at a similar number of locations.  In other words, I know what I'm doing.

Posted Image

• Like 3

I sure hope not. I want unconditional domestic victory for Cap 2.

It'll happen. Even last weekend, chances for DOFP were not great. Now, they are 0. We'll see how it keeps going WW, but even there, Cap should stay ahead.