Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Just finished watching FIOS. Rwally good and quite faithful to the book. I balled....a few times. yes this is a teenage love story with young cancer victims but anyone who has gone through someone close to them passing away from cancer will relate to this movie. This is a romance but if you have lost a parent or a brother or sister or anything else it's a movie everyone can relate to.

Stupid question, but what did you think of the book? haha

Edge of Tomorrow at least looked like a decent movie. Maleficent always looked like shit

Regardless of your personal feeling, Maleficent's getting good WOM. It's going to easily have best 2nd weekend hold out of the summer tentpoles. 

• Like 3

Can we just be happy that there are two current movies with kickass female characters who aren't the usual cliche trash? Instead of arguing about which is "more feminist"?

No? Okay then

Uhhh

Mystique

Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow

Rose Byrne in Neighbors

Shailene Woodley in Fault?

That's 3.5 I think

• Like 3

In other news, I see Shawn is predicting 22JS to beat HTTYD2 on OW next weekend  :unsure:

I would like that. Baruchel's nasal voice is getting to me for some reason. I expect him to go 'daaaaaaad' any moment now.

Uhhh

Mystique

Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow

Rose Byrne in Neighbors

Shailene Woodley in Fault?

That's 3.5 I think

Mystique is still kinda mediocre. Sorry J-Law.

Dat Blunt tho.

• Like 5

Edge of Tomorrow was awesome. When I saw the first trailer I thought it looked super generic and cliche but man I haven't been this happy to have been wrong in a while. Cruise and the ridiculously sexy-fit Emily Blunt really make it worthwhile. It's also worth pointing out that it is a big action sci-fi that doesn't clock in at two and a half hours and I think that works in its favor very well.

Up there with DOFP as my favorites of the year so far. It's a shame WB marketing did the exact same thing they did last year and blew their load all with Godzilla (last year MoS) and neglected EoT (last year PR) until the last two weeks. Does WB have two or more would be tentpoles next year? Who wants to take bets on which one gets the gold standard marketing and which gets the shaft?

Edited by Mango
  • Like 1

Edge of Tomorrow was awesome. When I saw the first trailer I thought it looked super generic and cliche but man I haven't been this happy to have been wrong in a while. Cruise and the ridiculously sexy-fit Emily Blunt really make it worthwhile. It's also worth pointing out that it is a big action sci-fi that doesn't clock in at two and a half hours and I think that works in its favor very well.

Up there with DOFP as my favorites of the year so far. It's a shame WB marketing did the exact same thing they did last year and blew their load all with Godzilla (last year MoS) and neglected EoT (last year PR) until the last two weeks. Does WB have two or more would be tentpoles next year? Who wants to take bets on which one gets the gold standard marketing and which gets the shaft?

I can't think of a WB tentpole next year.