Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

I hope you were cheering for the Wild when they were still in it.

Damn it LA.

Truthfully the Blackhawks are the one Chicago team we can like. But I don't mind the Wild Edited by DAR

lol. Good thing I'm not a hockey fan.I'm a Jets fan. I've been used to losing since my existence.My childhood was great with the Yankees! Not so much being an adult.

"You think this is game Jack?"

I will never forget that line from the trailers. 

I just imagined Kenneth Branagh vs. Jack Bauer and it's beautiful

I actually still need to see Jack Ryan  :ph34r:

Same

The film was originally titled "Die Hard 24/7". The media speculated that the film would be a crossover between the Die Hard and 24 series, with Kiefer Sutherland to reprise his role as Jack Bauer alongside John McClane.[7] This was never confirmed by the studio, and the film's title was later revealed to be A Good Day to Die Hard—with no further mention of any involvement from the 24 series—with a release date of February 14, 2013.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Good_Day_to_Die_Hard

WHAT WHAT WHAT

Truthfully the Blackhawks are the one Chicago team we can like. But I don't mind the Wild

WIld > Blackhawks

lol. Good thing I'm not a hockey fan.I'm a Jets fan. I've been used to losing since my existence.My childhood was great with the Yankees! Not so much being an adult.

Your missing out on a great sport. 

I am in New York currently and I went to see phantom to see if the new phantom was any good.It sucked terribly, there was no energy, the show dragged, Christine and Raoul were the two good parts about it. The Phantom did a terrible job in his part (not an understudy), no energy, boring, no charisma, and vocally underwhelming. It was bad enough to the point I feel like the show should just be retired and left to rest for a good ten years or more before reviving it.

• Like 1

Sorry Scott. I hate when bad calls make the difference in games. Hopefully the Rangers can win the next two.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH That fucking blown call in the 3rd period.

Edited by Telemachos

Speaking of books that make you cry, did you guys hear about Pearls Before Swine?

If you haven't heard the news, start back with the strip for June 2, and then read forward through the week:

http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2014/06/02

Trust me, it's worth it.

Yup, I read Pastis's blog yesterday. The second strip makes the revelation kind of obvious, but then again I own the entire C&H collection.

Yeah, this news story made my week

The NBA is a former shell of itself. The 80's and up until the Bulls last title were the glory days.

The Bulls last title? Come on now. But I agree it's not what it used to be but I still love it. That will never change.

I'll throw Godzilla and Edge of Tomorrow onto this list as well.

I have an odd feeling Godzilla will become the Man of Steel of the forum in a sense that like we quote Michael Shannon, we'll quote Bryan Cranston

I HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW

IT'LL SEND US BACK TO THE STONE AGE

Ew no

1. 0

1. A Few Good Men

2. Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

3. Mission: Impossible III

4. Tropic Thunder

5. Oblivion

6. Mission: Impossible

7. Rock of Ages

8. Mission: Impossible II

You forgot Tom Cruise used to be a great actor in the 80s:

1. Color of Money - I thought this was the best Tom Cruise movie, him playing up his trademark cocky superstar, better than Top Gun, Cocktail. That Scorsese unbroken tracking shot as Tom nails one billiard ball after another as Werewolves of London blares in the background is a forgotten classic scene.

2. Rain Man - This is where he gets serious. Watch this movie again, that Vegas scene is ripped by the makers of The Hangover

3. Jerry Maguire - Well, romantic comedy used to be compelling, and fulfilling.

4. Mission Impossible - that Chunnel scene in the end is still unmatched among big budget blockbuster action movies in terms of intensity, inventiveness, and sheer movie madness. DePalma likes to please his cineaste fans in Cannes with arty, labyrinth thrillers, but he is actually a darker Spielberg incarnate when making traditional mainstream movies (The Untouchables, Carlito's Way - those crazy tracking shots at the train station)

5. Collateral - Tom Cruise unplugged. Has to be on the list, this should be in his resume. Mann is the Man when his doing his urban thriller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO4f-JqXG7g

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

Colllege hockey >>NHL>>> Minnesota High school hockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x5  Fantasy Football>>> MLB> NFL.

You're a Viking fan I could see how NFL would be last. As an owner I have to put NFL first