Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

It still has a chance to be the highest opener to not reach 200

That would require it to completely go to shit over the next few weeks. It can easily make 20 million at this point if not a little bit more.

It's a mess but still better than TASM2 and Godzilla. A great lead performance can go a long way.

In what world? I hated TASM2 but TASM2 is leaps and bounds ahead of Maleficent. 

• Like 4

It's a mess but still better than TASM2 and Godzilla. A great lead performance can go a long way.

LOL nope. The movie is stupid. The script is a fucking abomination. It makes TASM2's script a masterpiece compared to it. Angelina shits all over the cast of Godzilla, but at least that one has a competent script. Again, here, we have a script written by a five year old kid.

• Like 3

Maleficent is trash. One of the worst movies I have seen this year. Angie deserves better.

Well she is the one serving us the trash. We deserve better for paying them.

LOL nope. The movie is stupid. The script is a fucking abomination. It makes TASM2's script a masterpiece compared to it. Angelina shits all over the cast of Godzilla, but at least that one has a competent script. Again, here, we have a script written by a five year old kid.

Bryan Cranston in Godzilla>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jolie's Maleficent. Hell Garfield's Spider-Man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jolie's Maleficent.

I don't know on which planet TASM2 and Godzilla didn't have putrid scripts but I sure as hell don't live there.

Maleficent, like TASM2 and Godzilla, looks pretty but has a hilariously and ludicrously contrived plot. But one has a great leading performance while the other has an asshole Peter Parker and the other has...ATJ.

• Like 1

I don't know on which planet TASM2 and Godzilla didn't have putrid scripts but I sure as hell don't live there.

Maleficent, like TASM2 and Godzilla, looks pretty but has a hilariously and ludicrously contrived plot. But one has a great leading performance while the other has an asshole Peter Parker and the other has...ATJ.

Jolie wasn't that good, She was good but she didn't save the film. Elle Fanning was good as well but she couldn't save it either.

I don't agree with Godzilla. Everyone agreed with you about TASM2 script being shit so I don't know what you are talking about. But TASM2's script is still able to be better. Every fucking scene is stupid in Maleficent. Decisions made by characters are stupid. The plot is so bad. Everything that happens is ridiculous in so many ways, some things happen randomly. I almost felt tempted to make a list while watching the damn thing.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

Asshole Peter Parker =/= bad performance. I thought both Garfield and Stone were great and their chemistry made the movie. Haven't seen the other two.

Oh, and he was less of an asshole in this one than in TASM...

• Like 2