Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

The whole thing just drags and it is so boring. The 97 minutes run time seemed to never end. 

I fell asleep when what was happening was just twisting trees, a floating princess, a floating prince,...like really? What the f*ck is this shit? And you are right, it felt like a 3 hour movie to me.

• Like 3

I don't agree with Godzilla. Everyone agreed with you about TASM2 script being shit so I don't know what you are talking about. But TASM2's script is still able to be better. Every fucking scene is stupid in Maleficent. Decisions made by characters are stupid. The plot is so bad. Everything that happens is ridiculous in so many ways, some things happen randomly. I almost felt tempted to make a list while watching the damn thing.

That would have been awesome.

I don't agree with Godzilla. Everyone agreed with you about TASM2 script being shit so I don't know what you are talking about. But TASM2's script is still able to be better. Every fucking scene is stupid in Maleficent. Decisions made by characters are stupid. The plot is so bad. Everything that happens is ridiculous in so many ways, some things happen randomly. I almost felt tempted to make a list while watching the damn thing.

I don't disagree about Maleficent, it's unbelievably contrived. But as far as I'm concerned you may as well be talking about Godzilla in half of that post. Jolie makes everything in Maleficent easier to swallow, but when the stupid plot is being led forward by ATJ instead, yikes.

I don't disagree about Maleficent, it's unbelievably contrived. But as far as I'm concerned you may as well be talking about Godzilla in half of that post. Jolie makes everything in Maleficent easier to swallow, but when the stupid plot is being led forward by ATJ instead, yikes.

She didn't made anything easier for me to swallow. Yes, ATJ was pure shit, but at least the things that were happening weren't stupid or ridiculous in every way possible. 

You mean a monster movie's plot is contrived? Heaven forbid.

I still can't believe Disney greenlighted a blockbuster based on the classic tale with this script. This was so bad. I think the only movie I saw worst this year was I, Frankenstein.

• Like 3

They were though.

I am not even sure what you are talking about. It is not comparable. Godzilla and TASM2 are both miles above Maleficent. And I am not even a big fan of TASM2 and I have constantly trashed his horrendous script. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

I still can't believe Disney greenlighted a blockbuster based on the classic tale with this script. This was so bad. I think the only movie I saw worst this year was I, Frankenstein.

Jolie = money.

They probably wouldn't have was she not on board...

But you won't hold a fairy-tale to the same standard? At least be consistent.

Because Maleficent doesn't make it work. Not to mention it's butchering a classic Disney animated movie.

I am not even sure what you are talking about. It is not comparable. Godzilla and TASM2 are both miles above Maleficent. And I am not even a big fan of TASM2 and I have constantly trashed his horrendous script. 

I think my points are pretty clear, if you don't agree then that's super duper. I think Maleficent is a mess but I certainly got way more out of it than the other two.