Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

When I did say that studios release official budgets? Only they know what the actual budget is, whether they reveal it, is up to them. Sometimes they'll lower budgets just to make certain movies not look like huge disasters.

Like HTTYD 2 for example...
  • Like 1

My writing of English is one thing. Your poor reading ability, your malicious misinterpretation is another.You have no right to comment on what I bring to the world. And it is you that quote me and attacked me first.Btw, your islands ? Let's do not even start that shit. You people have stolen too many lands in our South Sea.

I have all the right firedeep. And attack? What attacking are you talking about? lol

We have stolen? If they're actually yours then why can't your government deal things with diplomacy and discuss things with the UN? It's because you know countries will side with us. You should be very thankful to us we do not hurt your nationals here in the Philippines like what happened in Vietnam. You ungrateful organism.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone has realised but if Maleficent maintains an average 42% drop throughout this week, it will have earned $29.4M during its third week and $175M by Thursday, making it practiaclly impossible to miss the $200M mark by the end of its run. That essentially means it will end up higher than TASM 2 and Godzilla. If it continues to have strong holds it can even surpass X-Men: DofP which is headed for around $220-225M.

Even though I liked this post, it actually disgusts me

• Like 3

I did not see it coming (just look at my signature with my final prediction from Thursday or my huge failure in BSG) but the reasons for it to not open as big as we were predicting were there. Our love for the first blinded us.

I've seen this before...
  • Like 1

I feel really bad for HTTYD2, even great WOM isn't saving movies this summer. DOFP had 92% and the best audience WOM and still had shitty legs, The Neighbors, Edge of Tomorrow, and TFIOS legs are also quite disappointing. With a 52m OW, even 180m might not be guaranteed, meaning it finishes below Madagascar 2!

That just ain't fair IMO, Madagascar doesn't even come close to HTTYD and Mad2 came out 6 years ago (without 3D)!

• Like 4

It's not Mal that is killing Dragon 2. It's just some people (myself included) overestimated it's potential while in reality the audiences are not too excited about it.

The general public sucks, they'll fund Dreamworks mediocre movies/sequels (Shrek 3, 4, Croods, Madagascar 1 2 3, etc) and then when they make good sequels (KFP2 and httyd2) they don't go.
  • Like 6

true this.But 250m ? At this point ? It would struggle to 200m if the OW really is just 50m or slightly above.

Well, it is headed for ~$53M and the weekday grosses will be strong. Regardless of the low opening, the multiplier will be quite big in my opinion cuz of the absence of competition for the next 4 weeks (maybe we should start considering that Planes 2 can open higher than $30M actually...) In any case, OW for most summer animated films have accounted for about 22-28% of the total. Using a range from 22-25%, due to the absence of competition, and taking into account that this weekend will be inflated due to Father's Day, a range of $200-230M is likely.

• Like 1

On another note, this means HtTYD3 ain't popular enough to compete with Finding Dory, so expect DWA to retreat very soon and change the release date.  :D

Also, DWA annnounced Croods 2, Puss in Boots 2 and Madagascar 4. I almost puked. Should I commit suicide now or do you think there is still hope left for this world?  :sick:

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 1

I don't care at all about animated films so this is a great day. It goes some way to making up for Frozen.

You haven't even seen the film so why be happy? Ugh. So annoying that you're projecting your hate for Frozen onto Dragons. Edited by Noctis
  • Like 7