Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

If we look at all June animations (ow, dom total, multiplier) :

Madagascar3 60.3m 216.3m 3.59

Cars 60.1m 244.1m 4.06

Ratatouille 47m 206.4m 4.39

So it could do better than 4.2. I think Ratatouille's 4.39 is close to the max it can do though.

TS3's 3.76 is the biggest after Cars and Ratatouille.

I removed the ones with immediate competition and Cars 2. This has a good shot at 4x

Edited by cory
  • Like 1

The word of mouth for Dragon will be just about as good as the word of mouth for Frozen...

I don't see how can possibly say that at this point. If you insist on comparing it to one of the more dynamic and unusual BO runs in recent years, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. It's still going to have a good, solid run. I figure anywhere from 200-240. Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 5

Cap and Lego will probably stay top 5 domestically all year. 

I think they will, but you never know. I guess we will just have to wait and see how everything else turns out. 

• Like 2

I don't see how can possibly say that at this point. If you insist on comparing it to one of the more dynamic and unusual BO runs in recent years, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.It's still going to have a good, solid run. I figure anywhere from 200-240.

I'm basing this on the first one's 5X multiplier, and the fact that this one has the same kind of critical acclaim and audience acclaim.  I see a 5X multiplier again.

• Like 1

I don't see how can possibly say that at this point. If you insist on comparing it to one of the more dynamic and unusual BO runs in recent years, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. It's still going to have a good, solid run. I figure anywhere from 200-240.

Unfortunately, so true.That being said...I would've thought a mod would (make that a junior admin!) have his quoting abilities better than what this post shows.For shame.
  • Like 1

I removed the ones with immediate competition and Cars 2. This has a good shot at 4x

Yeah 4x is possible. Even a tad higher. 4x with 55m gives 220m. Which is solid. Also the os will increase compared to the first one. Just that expectations were higher. It was supposed to lift the summer.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

The Dragon numbers are sending this forum through the five stages of grief:

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

It looks like most of us are in the beginning stages...by the end of the weekend, we should be at acceptance...

• Like 4

The Dragon numbers are sending this forum through the five stages of grief:

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

It looks like most of us are in the beginning stages...by the end of the weekend, we should be at acceptance...
This is a Katzenberg movie.Well all be stuck in the bargaining phase. Hopefully I'll walk away with 250m.
  • Like 1

I don't see how can possibly say that at this point. If you insist on comparing it to one of the more dynamic and unusual BO runs in recent years, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.It's still going to have a good, solid run. I figure anywhere from 200-240.

Kalmachos :ph34r:

• Like 4

It's funny; normally I'd be joining in on the Dragon meltdowns, since, after all, I'm leading the over 300M club.

But 22 Jump Street was freaking hilarious and it's doing well so I'm happy. :D

• Like 4

I'm just glad we got a good movie out of it. Regardless of whether it's a monster hit or not, it's going to have a long shelf life, and if KFP2 can still get a sequel I don't think there's any reason to be concerned for this franchise.

• Like 5

It's funny; normally I'd be joining in on the Dragon meltdowns, since, after all, I'm leading the over 300M club. But 22 Jump Street was freaking hilarious and it's doing well so I'm happy. :D

Join us in our sorrow.
  • Like 1