John Marston

Tuesday Numbers (RTH) 22J 7.2,HTTYD2 5.9,Malef 2.9

WTF? Those are MY favorites. How are you gonna tell me NO to MY favorites. GTFOH and get a damn life.

Oh snap! Gotta be careful around E, Jack.

Ooh, ranking time! So far:1. The Grand Budapest Hotel2. Edge of Tomorrow3. How To Train Your Dragon 24. Captain America: The Winter Soldier5. 22 Jump Street

You forgot DOFP.

• Like 1

Armond White's best of the year so far: http://www.indiewire.com/survey/top-films-of-2014-so-far/best-film/armond-white

Mine:

Locke

Grand Budapest

Under the Skin

The Edge of Tomorrow

LEGO Movie

Godzilla

The Raid 2: Berandal

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Noah

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I thought you despised Cap??

Ooh, ranking time! So far:1. The Grand Budapest Hotel2. Edge of Tomorrow3. How To Train Your Dragon 24. Captain America: The Winter Soldier5. 22 Jump Street

Only 4? For shame, Sam.

By the way, have you folks been discussing these numbers anywhere?

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/disney-brands-generate-record-40-9-billion-from-licensed-merchandise-in-2013-1201221813/#

It really puts the $1.2 billion made by Frozen and IM3 at the box office in perspective.

Nice info on a lot of their upcoming films too.

Here's an even crazier comparison:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/28880.html

Licensing revenues in the United States and Canada grew 3.3% in 2013 as sales of licensed merchandise rose to $115.8 billion. Entertainment licensing rose 4.3% with sales rising to $51.44 billion, which yielded royalty revenues of $2.66 billion for 2013. Licensed comics and merchandise remain a major source of revenue for pop culture retailers.The clear leader in entertainment licensing is the Walt Disney Company, which has the luxury of licensing products based on movie and TV shows from Disney, Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm. It is also clearly the world leader in licensed sales with, according to Variety, global sales of licensed merchandise that amounted to a record $40.9 billion in 2013. Disney currently licenses products in 137 different categories, though toys remain the largest revenue generator with apparel a somewhat distant second.Disney’s biggest licensing competitor among Hollywood studios is Warner Bros., which according to Variety typically generates around $6 billion in worldwide retail sales.

Disney and Warner Bros are in completely different leagues here.

• Like 4

You forgot DOFP.

:ph34r:Sorry, I like it, but not a big fan. Never was for X-MenMy continued list would be The Wind Rises, The Raid 2, Chef, Noah, and DOFP.

:ph34r:Sorry, I like it, but not a big fan. Never was for X-MenMy continued list would be The Wind Rises, The Raid 2, Chef, Noah, and DOFP.

:angry:

I thought you despised Cap?? Only 4? For shame, Sam.

:lol: Hey, just being honest. I'm awaiting Snowpiercer. Still need to find Under the Skin and Only Lovers Left Alive to watch. Those I feel are my potential Top 10. Does Joe count as 2014 release? Cause that would make it in my Top 10 too. Nic Cage is the man :wub:
  • Like 1

I've seen only 4 movies this year and DOFP was the only good one, the others were Maleficent, Nymphomaniac and Godzilla.

Not enough money to keep up with all releases.

Edited by JohnnY