#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Entertaining/fun and intelligent do not have to be mutually exclusive.  We're not talking making these movies into Jeopardy quizzes, but using more than a few brain cells would be nice.

of course not, but i think a movie being dumb is not a great criticism. e.g. Zoolander is about as stupid as movies get, but it doesn't stop it from being an awesome movie, and being intelligent doesn't make Primer this generation's Casablanca.

• Like 2

this is random but was that you who took a film course with the lecturer giving shitty box office predictions

and big yes for the Avenue Q parody. It would be awesome if there would be a film version of Avenue Q, even. 

Yep that's me. I'd love a Jason Segel produced Avenue Q movie too

Blankments gave me solo lines in his musical thing and at least 50 likes today. Im going back to Chilis and getting you a $25 gift card. Ps - my last name is Blankenship. So, we're like, related.Dont go stalking me on facebook people.Haha Im confused. Is this Pink betrayed thing from the Forum Games or did I miss something??

We are together as one. Kinda like the Lion King, y'know

• Like 1

most people watch movies to be entertained, not so they could later name-drop them to prove how intelligent and cultured they are.

Has nothing to do with intelligence and culture. The fact you even framed the conversation in that manner shows that you don't understand what I'm talking about. There are dumb, unfunny comedies like Ride Along and Grown Ups and there are witty, funny comedies like 21 Jump Street and Neighbors. 

Critics are not as biased as people would like to believe. They just have a low tolerance for dumb, easy jokes. I don't mind that movies like Ride Along do well as long as the Neighbors and 21 Jump Streets keep succeeding. 

• Like 3

Speaking of Blankments just saddens me. Every time I logged on, saw like 20+ notifications, I got uber excited. Thought that I must have said something in a post that either incredibly thoughtful, very smart and witty, or just simply hilarious; thus getting all those likes from people.But nope.You broke my heart Blank. You broke my heart.

Do you wanna get liked?

Come on, Sam, it's okay

I really like your posts

I'm not gonna coast

Until you're away

We used to be best buddies

But you're mad

And I don't like your reason whyyyy

Do you wanna get liked?

NO!

kk bye

• Like 2

of course not, but i think a movie being dumb is not a great criticism. e.g. Zoolander is about as stupid as movies get, but it doesn't stop it from being an awesome movie, and being intelligent doesn't make Primer this generation's Casablanca.

There's smart-dumb and there's dumb-dumb. Zoolander and Dumb and Dumber are examples of films that are smart about how they depict dumb characters. 

• Like 2

Has nothing to do with intelligence and culture. The fact you even framed the conversation in that manner shows that you don't understand what I'm talking about. There are dumb, unfunny comedies like Ride Along and Grown Ups and there are witty, funny comedies like 21 Jump Street and Neighbors. 

Critics are not as biased as people would like to believe. They just have a low tolerance for dumb, easy jokes. I don't mind that movies like Ride Along do well as long as the Neighbors and 21 Jump Streets keep succeeding. 

i haven't watched Ride Along so i can't comment. Grown Ups was bad for me because it felt very lazy and had no charm. it's dumb sure, but so are early Sandler movies, and most of those were fun, so that's not the issue for me.

and i wouldn't necessarily say critics are biased(though they definitely are in some cases, like Bay movies), just narrow-minded.

• Like 1

Crap I fell asleep for a few hours, woke up to use the bathroom and now I haven't been able to back to sleep.Anyway does anyone think if Cruise hadn't done Oblivion, EOT might be doing a little better?

I agree. Using anecdotal evidence, my mom said the main reason she has no interest in Edge of Tomorrow is that she hated Oblivion, so she can't trust Tom Cruise in non-MI movies anymore

If Singer's not directing Apocalypse then it had damn sure better be Vaughn. Otherwise my expectations for it will be very low.

Singer better be back. If not, I pretty much will have zero interest in Apocalypse

I think it's funny how I've seen DOFP three times, but still haven't seen a single other X-Men movie all the way through

I hope Tatum does 23JS first before doing his solo Gambit movie. He does his best acting when he is playing Jenko. ^_^

I've said it several times and I'll say it again: the only thing that'll cause me to not be uber-hyped for a third Jump Street movie besides losing any of the core four (Lord, Miller, Hill, Tatum) is if they title it 23 Jump Street

• Like 1