#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Y out, people. Cuz Blemkls,emts ud st it adain. an you onderstamd wothout ytaing Goggle Trasnlate?

TranslationI wish I had been in Kansas this past week. If I had been in Kansas instead of Asshat McBitch, my self esteem would have a lot higher than it's critical lowness and my on off depression
  • Like 1

Percentage changes:

22J 11 (+17%)

TLAM2 10.6 (-13%)

HTTYD2 10.3 (+35%)

JB 5.4 (+16%)

Malef 5.3 (+32%)

EOT 4.3 (+43%)

FIOS 3.2 (+03%)

DOFP 2.5 (+39%)

Godz 760k (+43%)

Good jumps overall

Equally impressive are the holds from last Saturday. 

Sat    Last Sat
22J          11    18.7  -41%
HTTYD2 10.3 17.3    -40%
Malef      5.3   7.311  -28%
EOT     4.3   6.108  -30%
FIOS      3.2     5.74   -44%
DOFP    2.5      3.73    -33%
Godz     0.76    1.21   -37%

That Malef and EoT holds :wub:  get that money.
Of course tomorrows hold from last Sunday will be exaggerated by Father's Day.
  • Like 1

Eh, I don't think they're DOA, but the summer placement is probably not good for them. Even so, JB only cost $40m to produce and it could hit that mark DOM, so it's probably going to break even. There needs to be intelligence in the production of the musical. In most cases, it doesn't make sense to break the bank because the audience isn't super wide. For most, you're probably looking at some modest box office returns, which means you need modest budgets. Into the Woods will be interesting to see, although it may only end up with Sweeney Todd numbers: solid, not great. However, for the uber musicals, the really big ones, there is still a huge upside. Les Miz did fantastic business. Wicked, when it comes out, will probably hit about that mark as well.

What was the last summertime musical to be a big hit?