Blackout

Monday Actuals: 22JS 3.64, Dragon 3.12, TLAM2 2.48, Malef 1.75, JB 1.47, FIOS 1.43, EoT 1.2, DOFP 0.792

The Fault with our Star is obviously doing great, but it's not like it is doing so much better than a film like The Vow which was a success that people didn't go crazy over.

The vow was in February 2012. I'm pretty sure we paid attention at that time. As a matter of fact a lot of people were commenting on how well it did for a February opener along with Denzel's Safe House. What does it matter anyway?

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

The vow was in February 2012. I'm pretty sure we paid attention at that time. As a matter of fact a lot of people were commenting on how well it did for a February opener along with Denzel's Safe House. What does it matter anyway?

Just making an observation. It seems as though this film is being considered as an unprecedented success by some and I don't find it to be such. Not to take anything away from the films success and it absolutely is an unqualified success. But "what does it matter anyways" is kind of irrelevant in a box office discussion form which is predominately about opinion.

• Like 1

The Fault with our Star is obviously doing great, but it's not like it is doing so much better than a film like The Vow which was a success that people didn't go crazy over.

I really don't see why you need to compare both films. The Vow wasn't based off a popular book that teenagers and young adults read after all.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Hmm... Maleficent will probably hit $200m on Saturday or Sunday, right?

Looks like TASM2 will just barely beat it there, getting to the mark on Friday.

That was not a close race I would have expected at the beginning of the Summer.

• Like 1

Hmm... Maleficent will probably hit $200m on Saturday or Sunday, right?

Looks like TASM2 will just barely beat it there, getting to the mark on Friday.

That was not a close race I would have expected at the beginning of the Summer.

I honestly don't know if there were many people expecting that...

• Like 2

Just making an observation. It seems as though this film is being considered as an unprecedented success by some and I don't find it to be such. Not to take anything away from the films success and it absolutely is an unqualified success. But "what does it matter anyways" is kind of irrelevant in a box office discussion form which is predominately about opinion.

Well it just comes off a touch bitter. I could be wrong. Just an observation.

Also, I'm not sure people are saying it's an unprecendented success. But it is a huge success when you look at what it cost to make.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

The Vow was considered by many to be a surprise success, but there were many elements that made a big hit not hard to see coming (being the only legitimate date movie in a marketplace that was starved for one around Valentine's Day, having stars who have both enjoyed previous success in the genre). That whole weekend (February 10-12, 2012) was a crazy big frame altogether though.

• Like 2