Blackout

Monday Actuals: 22JS 3.64, Dragon 3.12, TLAM2 2.48, Malef 1.75, JB 1.47, FIOS 1.43, EoT 1.2, DOFP 0.792

It wasnt just the animation alone but the visuals, the music, the thematic stuff and the bittersweet atmosphere put together that made it so beautiful to me that I actually got emotional at a few points.I agree, it's not as well animated as some of his other films.

The themes, story, and characters were definitely beautiful. It's much more reserved than his usual films, and I couldn't help but feel that the main character's journey represented his own in real life.I almost want it to be his last film, because it is the perfect swan song to his career.
  • Like 1

Lethal Weapon > Die Hard 

It’s the better movie. Although Die Hard is more influential. 

Nope.  Lethal Weapon is fun, but Die Hard is the best action movie of the 80s.  Too many scenes of movie magic in Die Hard like McClaine jumping off the building, all the one liners/humor, the scene with vault opening up with the christmas music, everything about Hans Gruber, McClaine vs. Karl(#1 Henchman), bad guys blowing up the tank, etc...

• Like 3

Close beats her to that too. :lol:

Posted Image

She was great in her cameo in Hook.

She even acted like a male twice. Not many acclaim actress can make that kind of claim.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

I would assume the point is that they want to keep the Predator franchise going, and they decided that a full reboot would be a better way forward than a sequel to Predators.

The idea of a reboot, as the terms been applied thus far, is to essentially remake the original with some updating. 

Predator does not need that, it's in my list of holy grail films.

I don't see why they need to reboot Predator when the movies are stand alone

They essentially are but there has been a very loose thread that at minimum ties them peripherally together.

Still, all you need is another story. Not a remake of the classic that is perfect. Just give us another cool entry. Predators with Brody is still a fun film. Give us a fun story. Reboot---BAH!!