CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Well damn, could this miss 90M?

Tele says yes.

The media says no.

I'm going with Tele simply because his pessimistic crap seems to be right all the time.

• Like 5

the target audience for jersey boys is so old I wouldn't be surprised if many of them actually died in the last week, so the drop isn't too surprising.

I am not even sure what to do with this answer. :lol: 

• Like 2

the target audience for jersey boys is so old I wouldn't be surprised if many of them actually died in the last week, so the drop isn't too surprising.

I was trying to come up with a joke relating Clint and his empty chair to empty theaters this week, but this is much funnier than that would have been.

• Like 2

I don't think they're really spinning it... just mentioning the facts.

But it is spin. Spring Break wasn't universal. Some people were out some weren't. It was staggered. Unlike summer when every school is out.

• Like 3

Why is it misleading (let alone intentionally)?

It's misleading because it falsely leads the reader to conclude that there were special circumstances to help CA:TWS achieve that number. It's intentional because it is not needed since it had a very minimal influence on CA:TWS's number. Why was it minimal? Because they haven't written multiple articles when an April OW for a movie during spring break was disappointing because that movie opened on spring break.

• Like 4

TLAMT is gonna drop big but that was expected.

As for Jersey Boys it'll probably go down quite a bit. I don't think it'll drop THAT bad. Seriously it wouldn't even get a 2x multiplier with that kind of drop, that would rather pathetic.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1