CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

I'd actually pay good money to see present-day lunatic Nic Cage in a Michael Bay action extravaganza. Preferably a WW2 movie. Think Saving Private Ryan, but instead of saving them, they have to kill him, cause he's an alien, working for the Nazis, meant to infiltrate the US Government after his return to the US as a war hero.

Michael Bay directs WOLFENSTEIN. Cage plays BJ Blazkowicz. DONE.

• Like 4

Indeed. Then, like STID and TASM2 before it, we can have a Transformers movie that uses someone's magical blood as a plot device. :P

Didn't the MATRIX OF LEADERSHIP already pretty much play that role? Didn't it kinda revive Sam (or was I hallucinating? I may have been high each time I saw TF2 - possibly as a result of the first half of that movie)? If so, then maybe his blood became magical. Which would explain why they dropped him as the lead in this new trilogy. After Chicago, the government harvested his blood.

• Like 1

Box Office: ‘Snowpiercer’ On Good Path To Amazing $95M to $98M+ Opening

2nd UPDATE, Friday, 5:50 PM: With matinees coming in on the West Coast and evenings started on the East Coast, it looks like the 10 theaters playing Friday for Radius-TWC's Snowpiercer will rake in anywhere right now between $95M and as high as $98M to $100M+, depending on how the Bong Joon-Ho film performs tonight and what kind of Friday to Saturday bump it enjoys. That would indicate an amazing $9.5M to $10M+ per theater, which is a new PTA record. BUT, the night is young. More to come as the evening and late night crowd comes in and the grosses are more apparent.

Meanwhile, Paramount's Transformers: Age of Extinction is on track for $3-4M today from 11,283 theaters, which coupled with the $8.7M Thursday night figure should lead to a $20-22M opening for a solid $2k PTA this weekend.

• Like 13