CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

The first Transformers is overrated and barely better than the atrocious second film. If anything, the third film is the one that's underrated.

I actually agree as I find the third one the most watchable. It simply has the least amount of stupidity and its flow is the best of the bunch.

• Like 2

I actually agree as I find the third one the most watchable. It simply has the least amount of stupidity and its flow is the best of the bunch.

And for a series that prides itself on good action scenes, the action scenes in DOTM blow the other two out of the water. Like, it's not even close.

• Like 2

What do you have against the first? 

It's rough to say the least, like many other first entries are, given the smaller budget. Now, many franchises one up that in the second one, but we all know what ROTF is... Anyway, the first is okay, but it never really gripped me and so many things were annoying: Sam and his quest for pussy, Autobots and their inability to stay quiet (seriously, I wanted to flip a table when they were destroying Sam's garden), John Turturro..... And the action is not all that great, very messy stuff. They did fix that in the third one, but then, dat runtime... At least the first one has that going for it.

• Like 2

It's rough to say the least, like many other first entries are, given the smaller budget. Now, many franchises one up that in the second one, but we all know what ROTF is... Anyway, the first is okay, but it never really gripped me and so many things were annoying: Sam and his quest for pussy, Autobots and their inability to stay quiet (seriously, I wanted to flip a table when they were destroying Sam's garden), John Turturro..... And the action is not all that great, very messy stuff. They did fix that in the third one, but then, dat runtime... At least the first one has that going for it.

I didn't think the action scenes were bad and i loved Sam as a character. 

• Like 1

They weren't bad, but considering how everyone is all, "TRANSFORMERS ACTION SCENES SO GOOD ZOMG!" they aren't that impressive.

I hated Sam. I can comfortably say that he is the most annoying protagonist of any movie series I've ever seen. I can't even think of who the runner-up would be. 

• Like 1

There's this one line he says, goes something like: "I got the car, now the only thing I need is the girl" which is so disrespectful to me that I really can't stand side by side with someone that says that. I won't bash the whole movie because of it but let's just say that if these movies had real female characters instead of Michael Bay wet dreams, they could be 8/10 material rather than being just okay 6/10.

• Like 1

Movieman lol just stop it already...Its the holidays it will be around 180-190 million by next Sunday...dofp is done.

I think DOFP gets the moral victory as far as quality but It's over, TF4 is about steam roll everything.  

• Like 3

Guys so we aren't always searching for the numbers from now on.. i've updated the first post of the thread to included the latest numbers :)

Mods, they're so hot right now.
  • Like 3