CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

TF4 will take how much ever they need from Monday to make it 100M. The Monday drop will be high but the Tuesday increase will be bigger as well.

No I think it works more like Monday will drop a max of 50% and Tuesday will be sort of flat based on 2008. 

• Like 1

Lol when paramount is annoucing to the news and big media like Forbes. They are just waiting until Monday to give the offiicial number. Klingo and Red should know better that there is no way Paramount annouces under 100M. Heck some studios dont even releases the true amount made to avoid paying actors who have those back end deals and for other dubious tax reasons. For all we know they really got in 50M on Friday. Go read how secretive studios are about their money makers Klingo :)

Dude, you're mixing and matching so many un-related numbers it's not even funny.
  • Like 1

TF4 will take how much ever they need from Monday to make it 100M. The Monday drop will be high but the Tuesday increase will be bigger as well.

That is another scenario , but  I still think the Friday was much bigger than reported.. So they can also skim from that. In NY lines were around the corners.. And that just some parts of the city I was walking around o n Fri.

It'll be nice to actually be able to judge the legs on a Transformers movie for once. No more Tuesday/Wednesday opening to shield it from comparison

• Like 5

Amen I dont even think they neeed to fudge, just release even more of what they really made Friday and Saturday.

100M OW annoucment imminent(101-102 M I bet will be the actuals)

Yes, Kal. TF4 made 200 million on OW, but they're keeping it secret, cause they don't want Bay to buy more fast cars.

Do you have examples to show similar behaviour?

This is a box office forum. Of course some of us take this shit serious, cause it's fucking insulting to people who actually follow this shit.

However it sounds like your just hating on TF in any what way possible and its rather annoying... 

Like go out side and enjoy the nice weather today :)

Edited by Lordmandeep

Do you have examples to show similar behaviour?

Transformers 2 and the famous Puerto Rico correction. Read it for yourself here:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2601&p=.htm

* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million. Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.

• Like 1

However it sounds like your just hating on TF in any what way possible and its rather annoying and childish. 

Then you need to get some reading comprehension skills under your belt.

Lol not yet, but Baumer and me have supported Transformers over 10 yrs now. We started a thread about 3 yrs before it came out and were laughed and teased that this would never become a big franchise.. We stood on  weak ground but new the 80s crowd and even 70s crowd would support it.. 300M+ Domestic and 700+M and a decade later we now have the films making 3 100+M OWs and 2 films passing a billion WW.

75 thougt it was good, Baumer didnt hate it, so I think I will enjoy it for the most part. How do you rate versus moon and the first one.

As a movie, TF1 > TF4 >TF3> TF2

As a TRANSFORMERS movie, TF4 > TF2 > TF3 > TF1

Honestly, the first time I heard what TF movie was about, I laughed. :D  The idea of Alien Robots that turned into vehicle was so ridiculous. I couldn't believe it'd work but somehow it did...

• Like 1

Then you need to get some reading comprehension skills under your belt.

It happens all the time and there is no 100% way of fixing it.

If a studio puts a rather low Sunday drop it could be fudging numbers or it can be they expect a low Sunday drop...

Edited by Lordmandeep

Thoughts:

Transformers 4 is obviously off from the previous films but that was expected. A $100M opening (yeah, sure) is still solid though for a third sequel that saw a complete cast overhaul. We'll see how it holds from here.

22 Jump Street has already outgrossed the first movie after only 17 days. How to Train Your Dragon 2 is definitely a disappointment at this point though, it might not even reach Kung Fu Panda 2's total.

Think Like a Man Too dived but was pretty much expected given its niche appeal. Looks like it's gonna miss the first movie's total by a pretty considerable amount. Okay hold for Jersey Boys.

Another strong hold for Maleficent, which has been the only movie to really develop legs this summer. Edge of Tomorrow unfortunately took a bit of a hit with the arrival of Transformers and will miss $100M. The Fault In Our Stars looks to top out with a superb $120M, while X-Men looks to at least crawl past $230M.

Yay, go Chef! I hope it makes it close to $30M.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has unceremoniously passed $200M. Godzilla looks to hit it eventually.

Strong limited debuts for Snowpiercer and Begin Again.

I thought we were all expecting it to get hit harder than it did. So this hold is pretty impressive under these circumstances.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

Yep. Rounding up estimates like this happen all the time.

I don't think anyone is discussing estimates being rounded up. 22JS rounded up 3M from actuals to say they had a 60M OW. I think everyone here is speculating whether Paramount will let the actuals come in below 100M or not, and what machinations will be used to make it come in at 100M if they do.

• Like 1

I thought Amy was too stoical the whole time. 

They might have made her less warm than the other Loises but I loved it.. :D Especially that first half with her putting the general in his place.

^^^^To Tele... Come on my friend you know and I know the movie could have also made much more than they care to annouce.

They have  a huge back end money to pay Bay over 150M and it goes up the more the domestic  and WW goes up, maybe others like Maryky mark have participation deals as well.  Studios withhold their real tallies for all sorts of reasons. Checkout the Law suit with PJ and TW for LOTR. IT really made more , TW isnt releasing the numbers lol. PJ found out and sued they owed him much more money.

:)