CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Saw Silence of the Lambs. Pretty good. Hated how every dialogue scene was shot with the two actors talking directly to the camera. Also didn't care for Anthony Hopkins ultra-hammy and completely non-threatening performance.

One of the greatest imo. He did win the academy award for best actor as well. It is an excellent, excellent film. One of the best thrillers ever. And Hopkins gives a terrifying performance. This is far from a unique opinion. 

• Like 2

Again, that has nothing to do with the amount grossed in a weekend or particular gross, just with the overall gross.

Well actually some deals pertain to the  first dollar gross...  So a studio might fudge THE OW so they dont have to pay out whats owed  during the first 2 weeks  is what Im saying .. Some deals pay participants way before the actual finally tally at the domestic and worldwide BO Tele buddy.  :)  I Dont think studios do too much of those nowadays though.

I am not surprised. The shows that go for a younger target get huge amount of downloads. Nobody sees Walking Dead and Game of Thrones on TV here. 

Duh, we got the second season of GoT last month :rolleyes:

One of the greatest imo. He did win the academy award for best actor as well. It is an excellent, excellent film. One of the best thrillers ever. And Hopkins gives a terrifying performance. This is far from a unique opinion. 

Good for you.

Duh, we got the second season of GoT last month :rolleyes:

But we don't. We get every GoT episode 48 hours after it passes in America. And Walking Dead just 20 hours after it passes in America.

I am not surprised. The shows that go for a younger target get huge amount of downloads. Nobody sees Walking Dead and Game of Thrones on TV here. 

Where I live there are partys thrown for every Walking Dead episode. 

• Like 1

Well actually some deals pertain to the  first dollar gross...  So a studio might fudge THE OW so they dont have to pay out whats owed  during the first 2 weeks  is what Im saying .. Some deals pay participants way before the actual finally tally at the domestic and worldwide BO Tele buddy.  :)  I Dont think studios do too much of those nowadays though.

But again, whether it grosses 100m by Sunday or Monday doesn't change that at all. It's still going to gross the same basic amount in 2 weeks or whatever. So it's really a moot point... unless you think Paramount is cheating every single day in order to save a nebulous amount of profit participation later.

But I don't think you think that. :)

• Like 1

Buffalo Bill was pretty scary but Hannibal Lecter was just Hamfest 2000. I didn't buy Anthony Hopkins for a second.

The sequels reduce Lecter even more by starting to give him a dubious "code"... he only eats people that cross him, or offend his tastes, or what have you. The threat of him was that he was a total wildcard and complete psychopath. By changing that, it takes away much of his threat (whether you felt it was great to begin with or not).

• Like 2

Buffalo Bill was pretty scary but Hannibal Lecter was just Hamfest 2000. I didn't buy Anthony Hopkins for a second.

We are so opposite - Buffalo Bill makes me laugh - especially when he's dancing!

• Like 1