CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Maybe I am projecting, but take the same amount of people that saw TASM2 on OW and instead they watched Edge of Tomorrow, I'm sure Edge would make nearly $300m not the struggle to $200m that TASM2 is making.Similarly, if you opened Dragon 2 to Monsters Uni numbers, that would have generated an even better second week hold for it and would easily outgross MU's total this summer. Even better, open it to Shrek 4 numbers and it would make $350m easily.Yeah, it's the GA problem, but if the studio managed to get them in on OW...damn people suck. Flocking to tired franchises again and again.

Httyd2 dropped 50% that's a bigger drop than MU, so I don't see how it would be holding better (besides no DM2)

I liked EOT too but at some point y'all are going to have to get over it. It's good but people weren't interested. It happens.

change the name to live. die. repeat and release it next weekend! that'll get them in the theaters, I swear!

• Like 4

Maybe I am projecting, but take the same amount of people that saw TASM2 on OW and instead they watched Edge of Tomorrow, I'm sure Edge would make nearly $300m not the struggle to $200m that TASM2 is making.

Similarly, if you opened Dragon 2 to Monsters Uni numbers, that would have generated an even better second week hold for it and would easily outgross MU's total this summer. Even better, open it to Shrek 4 numbers and it would make $350m easily.

Yeah, it's the GA problem, but if the studio managed to get them in on OW...damn people suck. Flocking to tired franchises again and again.

If the people who saw TASM2 had wanted to see EoT...they WOULD HAVE! It's not like the damn thing opened against The Avengers and never stood a chance. 

• Like 1

Maybe I am projecting, but take the same amount of people that saw TASM2 on OW and instead they watched Edge of Tomorrow, I'm sure Edge would make nearly $300m not the struggle to $200m that TASM2 is making.

Similarly, if you opened Dragon 2 to Monsters Uni numbers, that would have generated an even better second week hold for it and would easily outgross MU's total this summer. Even better, open it to Shrek 4 numbers and it would make $350m easily.

Yeah, it's the GA problem, but if the studio managed to get them in on OW...damn people suck. Flocking to tired franchises again and again.

Hey the studios would be perfectly if they got their movies got that much business opening weekend. They try.

Httyd2 dropped 50% that's a bigger drop than MU, so I don't see how it would be holding better (besides no DM2)

As in, the more people that saw it would have helped its second weekend drop.

I know it's counter-intuitive, but why would it suddenly develop legs in its second week, when MU started on its first week?

The wider the initial audience base can help a well-received movie.

reddevil; of course theatres would never agree to that. I was just wondering if it would make any difference. I know they rejected it but after how it's supposed to be good, better than the rest of the crap out there, surely it would sway people?

Summer 2016 is our best chance at topping summer 2013 in attendance 

Captain America 3

Batman vs. Superman

X-Men - Apocalypse

Finding Dory

Sausage Party 

Tarzan

Doctor Strange (it's unofficially the July 2016 release  ;) )

Untitled Planet of the Apes 

Not to mention the various films that are going to do average/decent (Alice 2, ID2, Ice Age 5) 

The Alexander Skarsgard Tarzan movie is gonna be one hell of a flop. The rest is basically a copy/paste of this summer

• Like 2

Done  :ph34r: Sorry for my bad english  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

No problem, little buddy. It was just bugging the shit out of me. I make mistakes as well, and I tend to overlook them, but in thread titles they annoy me, cause they're RIGHT there, big, you know...in the title! 

• Like 1

The Alexander Skarsgard Tarzan movie is gonna be one hell of a flop. The rest is basically a copy/paste of this summer

Yep. And as a total copy/paste of this summer...will Finding Dory be HTTYD2? Another would-be summer winner struggling to 200?  :ph34r:

If the people who saw TASM2 had wanted to see EoT...they WOULD HAVE! It's not like the damn thing opened against The Avengers and never stood a chance. 

Yeah, but why would they see TASM2? I didn't think that movie had great marketing. It made the movie look really bad and the movie itself wasn't much better. Is it just all of these franchises have their built in base that will lap up everything?

Finding Dory and BvS are both guaranteed successe though. I could see Mid 400s BvSAnd DM2 numbers for Dory
  • Like 2

Yep. And as a total copy/paste of this summer...will Finding Dory be HTTYD2? Another would-be summer winner struggling to 200?  :ph34r:

I'd say no but that probably means the actual answer will be yes :lol:

• Like 1