CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

The Usual Suspects and Casablanca.

All of your four movies I like.

My four favorite movies are Forrest Gump, Vertigo, Blazing Saddles and Duck Soup.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 4

All great movies. For some reason, I always liked Animal Crackers better than Duck Soup.

Both are great movies (I love The Marx Brothers), but that silent mirror scene in Duck Soup always gets me laughing.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

so if the 38 Mill number is correct that should put it on pace for more than 100 shouldn't it?

Godzilla did 38M and CA2 37M and both failed to reach 100M. 

• Like 2

Both are great movies (I love The Marx Brothers), but that silent mirror scene in Duck Soup always gets me laughing.

Duck Soup is super funny. I do love it. And you're right about that mirror scene.....I laugh every time I see it.

• Like 4

Disney’s durable “Maleficent” looked likely to finish fifth with a Friday in the $2.4 million to $2.9 million range for a fifth weekend in the $8 million territory — enough to push the Angelina Jolie fantasy past $200 million, making it the fourth film to hit that mark following “The Lego Movie,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” and  “X-Men: Days of Future Past.”

Posted Image

• Like 7

Godzilla did 38M and CA2 37M and both failed to reach 100M. 

Considering Transformers 4 did less in previews and is more family-based, I'd assume 100 million is still in the cards. Not likely, but there's an outside shot that it gets the best opening weekend so far ($94-100 million is my guess for the range) 

Sitting in the theater for this 9pm TF4 show... if I make it out alive, maybe I'll have some good Mark Mark quotes.

In 5 hours maybe you can tell us how the beginning credits were. After that Marky Mark arrives.

• Like 2

Considering Transformers 4 did less in previews and is more family-based, I'd assume 100 million is still in the cards. Not likely, but there's an outside shot that it gets the best opening weekend so far ($94-100 million is my guess for the range) 

Since schools are out, Saturday bump minus the previews will be smaller compared to CA:TWS. I think 93-95M with 38M OD. 

• Like 1