#ED

Monday Actuals: Transformers - 10.5M

Mulder man, only if it's Maleficent, then "Fuck you all/Dame owns/suck it haters" but when Transformers is making that money, their tune changes to the opposite. Just look at them laughing at the early preview numbers. Bunch of jokers. Normally vanity projects strive for something more than this lol. McCarthy really wanted to play a fired fast food worker who robs her store in a paper bag?

Is that what that scenes about? I wouldn't know since there's ZERO context for it when they play it. It's like they just picked a random scene for a teaser and thought, "yea, that'll draw them in." LOL
  • Like 1

I just saw Maleficent. I don't know what the hell I just watched. Perhaps one of the worst movies of summer. Man how weird and sad is it that the best movie I've seen so far this summer is Fault in Our Stars and chef. Every single major blockbuster that I have seen with the exception of X Men has either been disappointing or just ok.

• Like 6

I just saw Maleficent. I don't know what the hell I just watched. Perhaps one of the worst movies of summer. Man how weird and sad is it that the best movie I've seen so far this summer is Fault in Our Stars and chef. Every single major blockbuster that I have seen with the exception of X Men has either been disappointing or just ok.

:lol:

• Like 1

I'll give it that, Oz the Great and powerful may have been terrible but it was much better than the musical Wicked.

I consider Wicked incredibly overrated but that's just me.  :ph34r:

Oz was a travesty, seeing Mila alibis destroy the character of the wicked witch was sickening.

Do you know who would've been better as the Wicked Witch?

Posted Image

PURE BEAUTY; GIVE THE PERFORMANCE TWELVE OSCARS

HAIL COPLEY

• Like 4

I'll give it that, Oz the Great and powerful may have been terrible but it was much better than the musical Wicked.

I like Wicked more for the songs than I do for the story, which is just ehh, it's basically the same plot that OZ: The Great and Powerful used only with a different guy.

• Like 1

Too little recognition. The man needs to be nominated for Actress and Supporting Actress as well. And maybe Best Sound Mixing. Even that's an understatement of his undeniable talent

HAIL COPLEY

I hear they are revising the rules for best animated movie too. :rolleyes: Copley has no shame.

• Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-melissa-mccarthys-716075

Tammy will easily crush the new offerings with a $45 million to $50 million debut, considering McCarthy and Sandra Bullock's The Heat took in $47.2 million during the same stretch last year after opening the weekend before. Warner Bros. and New Line are being more conservative, saying $40 million and $45 million. The $20 million road-trip comedy is a key test for McCarthy and Falcone as a filmmaking team, and is getting ravaged in early reviews. Co-written and produced by the pair, Tammy stars McCarthy as a fed-up burger joint worker who leaves her husband behind for a trip with her grandmother (Susan Sarandon) to Niagara Falls. Tammy also stars Falcone, Kathy Bates, Dan Aykroyd, Allison Janney, Toni Collette and Sandra Oh.

Screen Gems and producer Jerry Bruckheimer are aiming for a $20 million opening for Deliver Us From Evil, the summer's first studio horror film about a New York cop (Eric Bana) who teams with a renegade priest (Edgar Ramirez) schooled in exorcisms to eradicate a series of possessions striking New York City. The movie, directed by Scott Derrickson and costing roughly $30 million to produce, is inspired by the book co-written by real life cop Ralph Sarchie.

Relativity Media hopes to ignite the family market with Earth to Echo, about a tiny alien robot befriended by humans. Disney made the found-footage film, but put it into turnaround last summer. Relativity paid a modest $13 million to acquire the movie and do re-shoots. Earth to Echo should gross $16 million to $19 million over the five-day holiday stretch. 
Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

I like Wicked more for the songs than I do for the story, which is just ehh, it's basically the same plot that OZ: The Great and Powerful used only with a different guy.

I have so many problems with Wicked's plot but the biggest is that the Wicked witch never becomes wicked because the playwriter didn't have enough balls to make a play where the main character ends up evil.
  • Like 2

I have so many problems with Wicked's plot but the biggest is that the Wicked witch never becomes wicked because the playwriter didn't have enough balls to make a play where the main character ends up evil.

Now that's wicked.

• Like 2