MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

Just saw the Wednesday numbers. Greatest 4th of July weekend ever at the box office. 

Unless there are surprisingly big jumps on Friday, it's now pretty obvious why all the big releases steered clear of this weekend this year. Bad timing.

And bad summer in general.

A curiosity. If you feel like something Russian, watch THE RETURN... one of the best films in the last 15 years.

Added to the queue. Not a guarantee that it'll get watched (my queue tends to be well over 200 most of the time) but I'll take it into consideration.

• Like 1

And by best you mean one of the worst.

Depends on the point of view. I find it hysterical. This 4th of July weekend at the box office is the best comedy of the year by far.

Honestly, BUDAPEST HOTEL has some amazingly elegant and precise shots too. Panning/tracking in exact 90-degree increments... harder than it looks.

Very true. Budapest is the only live-action movie this year that's really impressed me with its cinematography. Noah's creation scene is great too. And there's some gorgeous composition and shots in Dragon 2, but it's animated so...

• Like 2

RELOADED, despite a few missteps, does almost everything you want a sequel to do: it opens up the universe, it starts pushing the characters in new and interesting directions, and it ups the stakes. Plus it has a great little cliffhanger of an ending (not the exact ending but what comes just earlier).

The shame is that REVOLUTIONS stumbles and doesn't fulfill much of the promise of RELOADED, which retroactively hurts the second film too.

I haven't seen The Matrix sequels, but I've always wondered what was up with the box office. I thought most people liked Reloaded, but Revolutions had a kinda low OW and an average multiplier

I just wish I had some indies in the area... or that my birthday was next week. Apes, Begin Again, Life Itself, or Boyhood would all be much preferred to Transformers 4 (which I don't even know if I'm seeing today)

Shoot I forgot. Add Snowpiecer to the indies

TF4 had it's share of entertainment. It's far from perfect, but Bay definitely knows how to put cool shit onscreen.

How is it compared to the other Transformers movies? Seen them all

Just get fairly tipsy and then go see TF4 knowing what you want- Incredible visuals with well shot action sequences and pretty colors.

And lots of funny Wahlbergisms

19, can't get tipsy lol

Think Like A Man Too - projections from estimates, not looking too good....

Wed: 0.83

Thurs: +28% - 1.06

Fri: +15% - 1.22

Sat: +85% - 2.26

Sun: -37% - 1.42

3day/5day

4.90/6.89, $2834/location for 3 day, 57.26 total

Mon-Thrs: 2.83, total = 60.09

next weekend: 1400 locations (-329)

Fri: 0.82

Sat: 0.98

Sun: 0.64