#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

She was a decent draw in those films. But I don't see anything like Gravity in her resume.

You know?She declined THE GRAVITY project.She turned it down several times... FOR directing her Serbian war film "ITLOBAH"And that film caused this summer's London Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict WB's first and original choice was Angie, not Sandy.It's schedule conflicting and she decided to direct her political agenda.Frankly speaking, I was, of course, depressed when she rejected the Gravity but I deeply understood and admired her decision.She has power and voice in herself to and for this world and that's the one real reason she's different from other actress and has been beloved, I think. Edited by supernova
  • Like 6

Pink and Tele, get a room...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/30/chris-nolans-dark-knight-rises-movie-influences

''The five films that influenced Nolan's TDKR are: Fritz Lang's Metropolis; The Battle of Algiers; Sidney Lumet's Prince of the City; David Lean's Doctor Zhivago; and Ridley Scott's Blade Runner, a movie Nolan has long cited as important influence on him as a filmmaker."

Nolan says of Doctor Zhivago, "The very definition of historical epic, in which the tangled emotions of its characters are set in stark relief against the grandest of revolutionary backgrounds.”

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

You know?She declined THE GRAVITY project.She turned it down several times... FOR directing her Serbian war film "ITLOBAH"And that film caused this summer's London Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in ConflictWB's first and original choice was Angie, not Sandy.It's schedule conflicting and she decided to direct her political agenda.Frankly speaking, I was, of course, depressed when she rejected the Gravity but I deeply understood and admired her decision.She has power and voice in herself to and for this world and that's the one real reason she's different from other actress and has been beloved, I think.

Welcome to the forums. Good first post.  :)

If I understand correctly Babylon 5 live action was shot in 35mm so it can be updated to HD 16:9. However, all the FX is SD 4:3.

It's worse than that. During archiving of the show (sometime after it finished production), due to negligence on either the VFX facility or WB (I'm not sure if I've ever read specifically what happened), the master VFX files and projects were lost. So to remaster the show, you'd need to redo all the VFX... and that includes all the various live-action compositing that happened as well.

So it's a huge undertaking that in all likelihood we'll never happen, and B5 will never get more than the DVDs (where the VFX were upscaled to fix the anamorphic 16:9 aspect ratio of the live-action). So, despite JMS's considerable foresight in making sure the series was shot and framed for HD.... we'll never see it. :(

• Like 2

Don't be jealous. You already lost your chance, and your right to it.

Well, there may be another chance.

Maybe with the next Nolan film. Another John Legend song.

• Like 1

You'll like a post of mine again

if you don't, you may find yourself cut off from blanky likes

Then take back your comment about Godzilla.  :ph34r: It's very easy.  :ph34r:  Apologize to the big Radioactive Dinosaur and we're all good.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Thanx. :)I'm nervous coz English is not my first language.Thank you for your warm greeting, it's cheering me up! :)

They are other people here who's first language isn't English, so you are not alone.

Also, I think your from your post, your English seems fine.  :)

• Like 1

It's worse than that. During archiving of the show (sometime after it finished production), due to negligence on either the VFX facility or WB (I'm not sure if I've ever read specifically what happened), the master VFX files and projects were lost. So to remaster the show, you'd need to redo all the VFX... and that includes all the various live-action compositing that happened as well. So it's a huge undertaking that in all likelihood we'll never happen, and B5 will never get more than the DVDs (where the VFX were upscaled to fix the anamorphic 16:9 aspect ratio of the live-action). So, despite JMS's considerable foresight in making sure the series was shot and framed for HD.... we'll never see it. :(

Thanks for that heartwarming news. I suppose the silver lining is that if it ever gets done it should pretty good FX.
  • Like 2

Jolie is 50% the reason why female action stars are becoming commonly accepted nowadays and studios are willing to dedicate more projects for female blockbuster leads (James Cameron being the other 50%). She literally helped change cinema lol. That alone is bigger impact than most of actresses can claim. Underwhelming career lol

It's totally fine to criticize the quality of many of her projects, even her fans know she doesn't have stellar filmography, but give credit where credit is due.

Edited by BobbyJohn
  • Like 2

To be honest, I never knew it existed. If I'm going to see Zhivago in any way, it's gonna be the Lean version. Guy defines epics.

It was indeed epic. I've seen that version with Omar Sharif several times as well. I just love Dr. Zhivago period.

• Like 3

Thanx. :)I'm nervous coz English is not my first language.Thank you for your warm greeting, it's cheering me up! :)

Welcome aboard.And don't worry about your English either, truthfully those of us where it is the first language don't exactly do well with it.
  • Like 4

Welcome aboard. Everyone is normally very friendly, Blanks, Mulder and Empire provide us the steady stream of likes required to keep us motivated to post. Tele is old, ED and MrPink love Nolan (and maybe each other) and just stay away from CJohn at 2AM and you will be fine  :P

There, you are caught up with a few inside jokes already.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3