kitik

weekend actuals 7/4-7/6 TF4 37.050

When you consider that last weekend's actual was closer to 97.5, it actually dropped better than TASM2 too.

Dropping 67% on Memorial Day weekend is truly, truly awful.

and dropping 64% the weekend after Memorial Day Weekend is not bad as a TF movie dropping 63%

First of all: bad quote!

Second: April movies have better weekends and worse weekdays, while summer movies obviously have better weekdays and get smaller weekend bumps.

I'll take what I can get.

• Like 1

and dropping 64% the weekend after Memorial Day Weekend is not bad as a TF movie dropping 63%

I'm not entirely clear, but if your argument is that DOFP should have better legs than TF4, then I won't disagree.

(Though in case you missed it, the point above is that TF4 isn't really dropping 63%.)

Looks like Sunday was better than all the studios expected, these 5 films all came in above studio estimates too:

Limited (100 — 999)

# Title weekend   Locations   Avg. Total Wks. Dist.
1 Chef $1,695,678 2% 686 -115 $2,472 $22,057,430 9 Open Road
2 Snowpiercer $1,007,926 489% 250 242 $4,032 $1,509,445 2 RADiUS-TWC
3 Neighbors (2014) $417,425 -47% 315 -195 $1,325 $148,039,055 9 Universal
4 A Million Ways to Die in the West $281,535 -50% 227 -256 $1,240 $42,264,705 6 Universal
5 Ida (2014) $233,333 -12% 103 -29 $2,265 $2,865,417 10 Music Box Films

seeing as how the "real actual" from last weekend is lower than the number being used to calculate the drop, then yes, the" real drop" is definitely lower by a few percentage points

Really just about a 1% difference..  The actual was supposedly $97.5m-98.5m.  With a $97.5m opening w/e the drop would be 62% instead of 63%.

So this mod called CJohn banned me from the Wknd #s thread. Can somebody help me with what I did wrong to get banned?

All I know is that (I guess) I touched a nerve :)

Are all mods on this site like the dude? Do all of them ban people for having different opinions?

• Like 1

So this mod called CJohn banned me from the Wknd #s thread. Can somebody help me with what I did wrong to get banned?

Are all mods on this site like the dude? Do all of them ban people for having different opinions?

No, they ban them when they are rude and are trolling. 

Anyway, you can go back to there. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

If your stated intention is to not last here long and just insult other movies and fans of such movies, feel free to just leave now.

• Like 10

Cc, you're being extremely obnoxious. You're not going to make any friends here with that attitude.

Read what this guy is saying man. What is that attitude for? I really don't get it. Only because people said Maleficent is trash but some of those people like superhero movies :lol: ? We are not a superhero site.

What are your favorite movies of the year besides EoT? Did you liked Noah, Divergent, Godzilla or Transcendence, for example? 

• Like 1