Blankments

Tuesday Numbers - Tammy 3.4, ETE 1.7, DUFE 1.5, Jersey 744k, TLAM2 662k | Actuals on p16

He never suggested that he just said that she did Tomb Raider 2. By the way which one do you guys perfer TR1 or TR2. Two for me. 

One. TR2 is better film but TR1 kind of had better 'tomb raiding/globe-trotting' spirit, if ya get what I mean

• Like 1

This. I hate that, actually. Like people act as though Chris Evans is an A-lister big time draw or some shit.

I would also say that some actors like Chris Evans will do some mainstream films and then they'll do a lot of indies as well (same thing applies to Scarlett Johansson). Evans himself is taking a break from acting in order to become a director.

Then there are the more blatant like Olivia Wilde and Megan Fox, the ones who want to become big star, but aren't working out necessarily.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

While it's highly possible that "Dawn" could become the sixth movie of the summer to open over $90 million, we think that opening later in the summer with ennui already starting to set in might hold it back slightly. We think that it's going to open well somewhere in the mid-$70 millions, and it should hold up well over the next few weeks against movies that probably won't open above $40 million. The quality and popularity of the film should help it achieve $220 to 230 million by summer's end, putting it in line with summer movies like Maleficent and X-Men: Days of Future Past to become the second or third biggest movie of the summer. (The way Transformers: Age of Extinction is going, that may have a struggle to achieve $250 million.)This Week's Predictions -

1. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (20th Century Fox) - $73.5 million N/A

2. Transformers: Age of Extinction (Paramount) - $16 million - 57%

3. Tammy (Warner Bros.) - $9.5 million -56%

4. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (DreamWorks Animation, 20th Century Fox) - $5.8 million -35%

5. 22 Jump Street (Sony) - $5.5 -44%

6. Earth to Echo (Relativity) - $5.1 million - 39%

7. Deliver Us from Evil (Screen Gems/Sony) - $4.7 million -52%

8. Maleficent (Walt Disney Pictures) - $4.0 million -35%

9. Jersey Boys (Warner Bros.) - $3 million

10. Begin Again (The Weinstein Company) - $2.3 million +84%

Read more: The Weekend Warrior: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendwarriornews.php?id=120238#ixzz370Hql51u

• Like 2

Ignore him we all know what a draw JLaw is. 

That just means we stand on the right.

J-Law's a tough one. SLP and American Hustle were hits but those were ensemble. I'm a proponent of the argument that she elevates THG from probably a mid-level hit to a mega-hit due to her out of this world performance and charisma, but it's impossible to quantify that.

I suppose she still has yet to truly prove herself as a standalone draw.

Only the truth. She has yet to become a Box Office draw.

Posted Image

• Like 3

J-Law's a tough one. SLP and American Hustle were hits but those were ensemble. I'm a proponent of the argument that she elevates THG from probably a mid-level hit to a mega-hit due to her out of this world performance and charisma, but it's impossible to quantify that.I suppose she still has yet to truly prove herself as a standalone draw.

SLP started in limited release and took off because of WoM and Oscar Buzz. American Hustle was an ensemble piece of which JLaw was in 4th place in marketing and importance. And again it made most of its money off of legs.Attributing either film's BO success to her is just pure illogical hyperbole. Plus, being a draw is about upfront power to get people in theaters on OW as the central focus of the film. JLaw has not done that yet.
  • Like 2

Posted Image

:)

I'm pretty much over likes now. getting likes, discussing likes/ratios etc. I couldn't care less anymore. This past month there's been too much. murdered the magic. man.

All went according to plan then... ;D

• Like 2

While it's highly possible that "Dawn" could become the sixth movie of the summer to open over $90 million, we think that opening later in the summer with ennui already starting to set in might hold it back slightly. We think that it's going to open well somewhere in the mid-$70 millions, and it should hold up well over the next few weeks against movies that probably won't open above $40 million. The quality and popularity of the film should help it achieve $220 to 230 million by summer's end, putting it in line with summer movies like Maleficent and X-Men: Days of Future Past to become the second or third biggest movie of the summer. (The way Transformers: Age of Extinction is going, that may have a struggle to achieve $250 million.)This Week's Predictions -

1. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (20th Century Fox) - $73.5 million N/A

2. Transformers: Age of Extinction (Paramount) - $16 million - 57%

3. Tammy (Warner Bros.) - $9.5 million -56%

4. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (DreamWorks Animation, 20th Century Fox) - $5.8 million -35%

5. 22 Jump Street (Sony) - $5.5 -44%

6. Earth to Echo (Relativity) - $5.1 million - 39%

7. Deliver Us from Evil (Screen Gems/Sony) - $4.7 million -52%

8. Maleficent (Walt Disney Pictures) - $4.0 million -35%

9. Jersey Boys (Warner Bros.) - $3 million

10. Begin Again (The Weinstein Company) - $2.3 million +84%

Read more: The Weekend Warrior: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendwarriornews.php?id=120238#ixzz370Hql51u

Ouch, that's a drop for DUFE.

• Like 1

Well, at least I know that the Jolie mania will end in a month of two. 

Unlike the Frozen thing, which is forever. 

Sorry bub, Unbroken stanning starts in August/September. Jolie mania continues until February. Although it will be mainly relegated to awards forum/Unbroken threads until December when it is released and has an epic box office run.

• Like 2

Sorry bub, Unbroken stanning starts in August/September. Jolie mania continues until February. Although it will be mainly relegated to awards forum/Unbroken threads until December when it is released and has an epic box office run.

Don't forget about set pics from Malta starting in August! :D :D :D

• Like 2

You mean Blankments and Empire don't actually like my posts? I thought they just found every post of mine entertaining...

Don't pay attention to them bullies; I like you well enough :)

• Like 1

Look I'm happy for you dame fans that Maleficent is doing well. 

But really it's like being the top goal scorer on team that has only five goals throughout the season

• Like 2

I think APES' legs are gonna be good. That means a 3x, maybe a 3.2x multiplier. Do the math, it doesn't look promising.

At this point, GOTG>Apes is likely. One of them has actually been marketing well, the other is a victim of Fox's "Let the movie market itself" strategy

• Like 1