Blankments

Tuesday Numbers - Tammy 3.4, ETE 1.7, DUFE 1.5, Jersey 744k, TLAM2 662k | Actuals on p16

The issue I have with Apes doing uber well is that I just feel like it's a lot more niche and has a lower ceiling than most franchises, thanks to the main characters not even being human.

Also, Franco not returning is actually a major negative IMO

• Like 2

While it's highly possible that "Dawn" could become the sixth movie of the summer to open over $90 million, we think that opening later in the summer with ennui already starting to set in might hold it back slightly. We think that it's going to open well somewhere in the mid-$70 millions, and it should hold up well over the next few weeks against movies that probably won't open above $40 million. The quality and popularity of the film should help it achieve $220 to 230 million by summer's end, putting it in line with summer movies like Maleficent and X-Men: Days of Future Past to become the second or third biggest movie of the summer. (The way Transformers: Age of Extinction is going, that may have a struggle to achieve $250 million.)This Week's Predictions -

1. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (20th Century Fox) - $73.5 million N/A

2. Transformers: Age of Extinction (Paramount) - $16 million - 57%

3. Tammy (Warner Bros.) - $9.5 million -56%

4. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (DreamWorks Animation, 20th Century Fox) - $5.8 million -35%

5. 22 Jump Street (Sony) - $5.5 -44%

6. Earth to Echo (Relativity) - $5.1 million - 39%

7. Deliver Us from Evil (Screen Gems/Sony) - $4.7 million -52%

8. Maleficent (Walt Disney Pictures) - $4.0 million -35%

9. Jersey Boys (Warner Bros.) - $3 million

10. Begin Again (The Weinstein Company) - $2.3 million +84%

Read more: The Weekend Warrior: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendwarriornews.php?id=120238#ixzz370Hql51u

I think edge will easily clear $2.3m this weekend.

• Like 1

The issue I have with Apes doing uber well is that I just feel like it's a lot more niche and has a lower ceiling than most franchises, thanks to the main characters not even being human.

I'd say the 2001 film proved this franchise has a lot of mojo when the planets are aligned. That movie opened to $98M adjusted.
  • Like 1

Looks like Summer 2014 has burned everyone on this forum pretty bad. The expectations for Apes are reaching bottom, Apes needs to break out just for the sanity of this forum.

We need to hope again

Posted Image

Still the best scene of the summer

We gotta stop living in the past. 3x legs is good for summer movies now.

Say goodbye to the numbers in the past

We don't get to see them anymore

Movies are closing dooooooooors

Audiences and critics used to get along very well, but everything changed when the Bay nation attacked.

Only the Nolan, master of all kinds of cinema could stop him, but when the world needed him most, he went into post-production. Four months passed, and my fellow members and I discovered the new Nolan film, a Sci-Fi named INTERSTELLAR, and although its starpower is great, it needs a lot more marketing before it could save anything. But I believe Nolan can save the box office.

• Like 1

No Snowpiercer actuals reported for Monday or Tuesday? What gives?

Radius doesn't report dailies :(

Edit: It seems they do but only for some films.  They didn't for their highest grosser to day 20 Feet From Stardom or Gosling's Only God Forgives but did for Fed Up ...

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1