Blankments

Tuesday Numbers - Tammy 3.4, ETE 1.7, DUFE 1.5, Jersey 744k, TLAM2 662k | Actuals on p16

I just watched Non-Stop, and I agree with you there. That would be a nightmare.

Neeson is one of the most entertaining actors working today.

He and Tom Cruise should do a movie together; it'd be so badass

Awful thought.

Yeah, when I woke up, I immediately checked the news to make sure I was dreaming.

• Like 1

I'd say the 2001 film proved this franchise has a lot of mojo when the planets are aligned. That movie opened to $98M adjusted.

It was marketed incredibly well. They did a fine job making it appear to be sci-fi with plenty of space related clips and an ominous ship wrecked on a planet ruled by apes. Really had potential to be alright. Marky Mark sucked. The script sucked. That model whatever the hell sucked. Et cetera, et cetera. Set, production, costume design was remarkalble. Elfman's score also fantastic.

• Like 2

It was marketed incredibly well. They did a fine job making it appear to be sci-fi with plenty of space related clips and an ominous ship wrecked on a planet ruled by apes. Really had potential to be alright. Marky Mark sucked. The script sucked. That model whatever the hell sucked. Et cetera, et cetera. Set, production, costume design was remarkalble. Elfman's score also fantastic.

I remember the crushing disappointment on opening night very well.

• Like 1

*Maleficent has a good hold*

*Maleficent fans post pics of Jolie's legs.*

*Mulder complains*

*So do other people*

*Cochofles says that the people complaining don't realize that audiences don't care about critics.*

Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

LIVE/DIE/REPEAT

Edge of 2Morrow

Cage gets a job at a movie studio for marketing post-war but thanks to the Mimic blood still in him, whenever a movie bombs, he has to repeat the marketing effort

• Like 2

Neeson is one of the most entertaining actors working today.

He and Tom Cruise should do a movie together; it'd be so badass

Yeah, when I woke up, I immediately checked the news to make sure I was dreaming.

The height thing would never work out.  :lol: 

• Like 4

Can you imagine the insanity that would happen if Nolan directed a movie starring Evans, Jolie, and JLaw?

It would take insufferablity to a new level

• Like 6

Likely? I wouldn't say that.

Possible is probably a better word, but one can't deny Disney doing a lot better job of marketing GOTG than Fox is with Apes

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ... I don't know what to say. there is no way that happerns  

Apes>300M

GOTG<200M

Safe to say, I don't think either of these are gonna happen

That's actually really well done.

I kinda want a full cover of Everything is Awesome like that :P

• Like 1

Can you imagine the insanity that would happen if Nolan directed a movie starring Evans, Jolie, and JLaw?

Charlie's Angels remake with Michael Caine as John Bosley?

Edited by Mango
  • Like 2

Needs more Copley

I'd say the 2001 film proved this franchise has a lot of mojo when the planets are aligned. That movie opened to $98M adjusted.

Really? Hmm.

Still that did have Wahlberg and a much bigger action focus, correct? (never seen the movie)

• Like 1

POTA '01 was one of the first films I saw in a theater that left me genuinely disappointed. Heck, that summer introduced me to the experience of cinematic disappointment. A.I., Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and Apes as the cherry on the shit sundae.And the ending still confused the shit out of me. I read the book hoping it would clarify what the hell happened, but I STILL don't get it. How the fuck did Tim Roth get to Earth centuries before Mark Wahlberg? It's seriously the most confounding use of time travel this side of the Lost in Space movie.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Ew

No

George Clooney is awesome

He's like this generation's Jimmy Stewart

He has no range whatsoever, he plays 100% the same character in every movie - himself. The only reason he got the Oscar and was nominated is because he kisses up to everyone in Hollywood and wants to be liked by everyone and evryone to think how funny and cool he is ugh

• Like 3