BadAtGender

Thursday Numbers - AoE 3.45, Tammy 2.45, HTTYD2 1.33, 22JS 1.32, ETE 1.26 | Full numbers page 1

Posted Image

Marvel/DC/etc fanboys get to run the board every summer. This is our one moment in the sun. I know it must be really difficult for everyone else but they're just gonna have to persevere :)

Except that we already had that with the obnoxious Frozenites

We need more fanbases like LEGO's

• Like 1

Eh. What's the difference? There's nothing original about movies with sequels and the never ending reboots. Nothing new.  

Everyone complaining about Malefans or Frozenites or Nolanites or anything else needs to rally against the real problem, Originites

(FYI, Maleficent is technically a reboot)

• Like 1

Transformers, just one page ago.Oh, and some days ago the board seemed generally happy about a sequel to Horrible Bosses, a movie with pretty much the same score as Maleficent on Metacritic.

To be fair, comedy is much more subjective than any other film genre.

And Horrible Bosses schools Maleficent on RT  :ph34r:

How else would you Gauge success or failure without comparing the numbers.

MALEFICENT IS ALREADY A HUGE SUCCESS. It's doing much better than anyone expected of it, and it has a good chance of being #1 of the summer. So, please, all Malefans, stop the obnoxious trolling and going "herpaderp look at all dem movies DAME JOLIE being eating for lunch" and just be happy with "Top 3 of the summer." The comparisons go without saying, but without nearly as much obnoxiousness.

BTW, the same message goes to Frozenites who feel the need to point how much better Frozen did compared to every animated movie in history

• Like 2

To be fair, comedy is much more subjective than any other film genre.And Horrible Bosses schools Maleficent on RT :ph34r:

I thought Metacritic was generally regarded as more accurate round here. But I can look for other examples, if you want.Edit: And comedy being much more subjective is...subjective. Edited by Hilderic
  • Like 1

And as long as we're talking about Horrible Bosses, it's probably gonna decrease.

I mean, is the first that well regarded? It wasn't very funny despite the high concept and the potential.

It just didn't work me.

Horrible Bosses is hilarious to me. And I saw it like in March of this year

I thought Metacritic was generally regarded as more accurate round here. But I can look for other examples, if you want.Edit: And comedy being much more subjective is...subjective.

Find a non-comedy example. Then we can talk :)

Look I don't know if Maleficent is worse than every movie released this summer.  Or it could be very good.  All I know is the Malefiloonies have just been insufferable.

Really? I think they have been quite restrained.  The comments below are a fair sample of what Maleficent fans have had to suffer since the movie came out:

#stopMalefiends2014

TF4 is a masterpiece compared to Maleficent. Go Bay, win the damn Summer. 

Bright side? Maleficent sucked. 

it's a terrible movie, all the hate is deserved. 

Nah, Maleficent is the evil in this world. The shit. The crap. Everything that is wrong with modern Hollywood. 

Edited by AndyLL
  • Like 3

Find a non-comedy example. Then we can talk :)

Transformers (or does that count as an unintentional comedy?) is my example. A movie currently boasting a RT score which is almost a third of Maleficent's and yet, being targeted at young males, apparently being spared the level of virulent hatred Maleficent gets. I'm not saying it does not get any hatred, but some members seem to be of the "who-cares-about-the-rest-as-long-as-the-explosions-are-good" persuasion, while Maleficent gets called an abomination. Why are they turning a blind eye for Transformers but not for Maleficent? Even better, why can't they understand that others (say, its target audience) may be turning a blind eye for Maleficent?
  • Like 1