CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Well, quality is subjective. I haven't seen Apes yet, but I can almost certainly say I will like it more than TF2, but that doesn't mean that everybody has to.

TF2 is my least favorite movie ever. Apes is one of my favorites. 

• Like 2

Precisely.

Paradoxically, the Transformers films could have done much weaker numbers with a higher quality. There are so many moviegoers that like bad movies (obviously without realizing their low quality - or without caring about that) - they don't look for the structure or the hidden themes, just for some 'bang', 'smash' and 'boom'.

Those films could have been a whole lot better and still just been "bad" bang, smash, boom, movies. 

• Like 2

This is a more thoughtful action drama than your typical SH movies. Plus, there are some really frightening stuff in it:  "You follow Koba now.." sends chill down everybody's spine. A young kid cried (why do parents bring young children to movies with "intense, frightening scenes" in it?). 

Because there's no sex or nudity which means is supposedly A-OK for children of all ages.  *sigh*

• Like 3

This is a more thoughtful action drama than your typical SH movies. Plus, there are some really frightening stuff in it:  "You follow Koba now.." sends chill down everybody's spine. A young kid cried (why do parents bring young children to movies with "intense, frightening scenes" in it?). 

Because they want them to experience a good movie. 

• Like 1

Not all that surprising some parents even take their kids to Rated R Horror hype movies.

• Like 1

I'm opposed to scaring kids with demons and chainsaw killers but gritty realism is good in smaller doses.Bambi taught my generation that the world can be a cruel place.It's a bitter pill to swallow but better sooner than later.
  • Like 3

Rather, it's because they can't afford or are too cheap to get a babysitter and too selfish to wait until it's on VOD or DVD.

Well depends on how old the kid is, anyone older than 7 should be fine with Dawn. 

• Like 1

There's always the issue if a PG-13 movie is going to be too intense for younger kids. None of the Nolan Batman films I would say appropriate for a kid under 9. I even thought Dead Man's Chest would have been to intense for little kids.But at the end of the day parents know what's best for their kids

• Like 1

I'm opposed to scaring kids with demons and chainsaw killers but gritty realism is good in smaller doses.Bambi taught my generation that the world can be a cruel place.It's a bitter pill to swallow but better sooner than later.

Bambi had a couple of adult and maybe traumatic scenes in a 90 minute movie filled with wonder, beauty, whimsy and charm that was appealing to children.  It wasn't a dark violent sci-fi movie marketed toward adults.

• Like 1