CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

The most visually stunning scene in all of 2009. Astonishingly beautiful cinematography. And the music is so beautiful. 

It is a perfect scene, and this scene alone beats the entire GoF film.

HBP had an Oscar nomination for cinematography.

Half-Blood Prince was extensively colour graded and due to cinematographer Bruno Delbonnel's use of de-focussing and soft wipes in the digital grade, Warner Bros. asked him and Yates to change the style and to add more colours to the film. Yates said that he didn't want to lose the "very European look";

Yates said that "the choice of angles, the extreme close-ups, [and] the pacing of the scenes" made the film "incredibly rich".[51] The palette and lighting was heavily inspired by the Dutch painter Rembrandt.[52]

Half-Blood Prince is the only film in the series to be nominated for the Best Cinematography accolade at the Academy Awards.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Half-Blood_Prince_%28film%29#Cinematography

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Delbonnel

Edited by a2k

Night of The Hunter is excellent. Among Mitchum's best performances.

My Uncle who's a film critic actually wrote the note slip for its criterion collection.

Robert Mitchum! I meant to go to IMDB but got distracted. He played the hell out of that part. Whoever wrote that movie must have been on some stuff, lol.

• Like 1

Anyway...I'm out. Gonna sleep now. 

Absolutely awful to hear someone love CoS so much. Ridiculous.  

Night, bitch. I'm also outta here. Ethan seriously depressed the shit out of me.

• Like 2