CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

if it hits high end 26M and has a good sunday hold(movies with strong WOM do have strong sunday holds), its going to make 250M+ for sure. Inception dropped just 11.8% in its 1st sunday. Even with WC final I am hoping for sub 20% sunday drop. Then with a strong summer run it can challenge Cap2 for biggest film of the year(at least till November).

Edited by keysersoze123

Depends how great a ride the film is for fans.. Man there have been many films that have gotten 5-6x Multis.

WWhy do you consider a 4X multi so impressive Empire.. :P

Because legs for this summer have been pretty bad outside of Maleficent. Also, its not easy in this day and age to have a high multiplier for a movie that opens to 70 or more. 

• Like 2

if it hits high end 26M and has a good sunday hold(movies with strong WOM do have strong sunday holds), its going to make 250M+ for sure. Inception dropped just 11.8% in its 1st sunday. Even with WC final I am hoping for sub 20% sunday drop. Then with a strong summer run it can challenge Cap2 for biggest film of the year(at least till November).

Dont think the film is good enough to get a 4x Keyser or you just think there is no film right now folks want

to go crazy rewatching right now? Im told  Apes is incredible.

Because legs for this summer have been pretty bad outside of Maleficent. Also, its not easy in this day and age to have a high multiplier for a movie that opens to 70 or more. 

Oh thats never been easy.. But rules do change as we see with Mal this year, Captain America's almost 100M OW

in APril, and Avatar freaking jaw droping near 80M OW but still has an almost 10x Multi.. HOly Moly

Oh thats never been easy.. But rules do change as we see with Mal this year, Captain America's almost 100M OW

in APril, and Avatar freaking jaw droping near 80M OW but still has an almost 10x Multi.. HOly Moly

Lol What on earth did Avatar have to do with 2014?

Lol What on earth did Avatar have to do with 2014?

Just have to mention that faboulous feat that will get repeated somewhat in 2016.

We were talking about great multipliers by films that click with audiences. All though James Cameron is the Apex

Predator of all filmmakers.  People ages 4-80+ just show up for his major projects.. Even his side dishes like

True Lies  get love.. (Doesnt hurt to have Ahnold in it also  lol)

lets see how actuals play out but thats a great satuday hold... 70m+ OW is looking very likely at this stage.  and the WOM / cinema score / Rotten tomatoes.. etc etc.. all point to an impressive film.. 

200m is locked from here i think... 

250m i think is well within the realms..

and while i do think that Kal is possibly pushing the envelope, he's not far wrong.. i do think that 300m is a chance here.   but it will take some impressive holds in the comign weeks

in saying that.. what competition does apes actually have over the next month ?

sex tape next week ? (different audience)

planes 2 (yeah right .. lol)

hercules (I'm not seeing a success with this one.. frankly i see flop material)

lucy (just not sure how big this will be but even if it is.. different audience again)

Guardians (3 weeks time - is it's first real audience test)

Apes essentially has an open market here with no real new competition for weeks... unless we are all misreading the positive interest in this.. don't see how this doesn't pass 250m at this point... Apes for #1 film of the summer ?

• Like 2

I haven't seen TRANSCENDENCE yet. :ph34r:

Lol I just saw it this week in theaters.. Umm no loss my friend... lol Its not as bad as folks in here stated though.

Has some cool moments. I gave it like a 7.0 or so.. But definitely see why this film didntt click with audiences.

I haven't seen TRANSCENDENCE yet. :ph34r:

Then I'm sorry, but you gotta give back your Pfisterite member card. Jack will be so disappointed in you when he sees this.
  • Like 1

lets see how actuals play out but thats a great satuday hold... 70m+ OW is looking very likely at this stage.  and the WOM / cinema score / Rotten tomatoes.. etc etc.. all point to an impressive film.. 

200m is locked from here i think... 

250m i think is well within the realms..

and while i do think that Kal is possibly pushing the envelope, he's not far wrong.. i do think that 300m is a chance here.   but it will take some impressive holds in the comign weeks

in saying that.. what competition does apes actually have over the next month ?

sex tape next week ? (different audience)

planes 2 (yeah right .. lol)

hercules (I'm not seeing a success with this one.. frankly i see flop material)

lucy (just not sure how big this will be but even if it is.. different audience again)

Guardians (3 weeks time - is it's first real audience test)

Apes essentially has an open market here with no real new competition for weeks... unless we are all misreading the positive interest in this.. don't see how this doesn't pass 250m at this point... Apes for #1 film of the summer ?

Jjang my awesome man with the plan from the land down under.. You know it buddy.

Im hoping Ceasar can suprise us all.. 250-300M might just happen

Deadline:7th UPDATE, Saturday 10:15 PM: Apes is a hit with primates. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was down only about 9% from Friday night and now looks to be a mid-$70M grosser for the three-day weekend which is great news for Fox, director Matt Reeves and the rest of the filmmakers. Estimates have it grabbing $24.9M to $25.8M on Saturday for three-day weekend gross of anywhere between $72M and $74M. Like I said earlier, even the final game of The World Cup can’t keep it in the $60M range anymore. Well done, Fox.Meanwhile, the Michael Bay franchise Transformers: Age of Extinction reached the $200M threshold today for Paramount Pictures after its third week in release. It rode through the July 4th holiday well and obviously lost a lot of ground this weekend to Apes. It was down about 53% from last Friday which was the Fourth of July and is likely to drop about 55% from last weekend. So $6.7M today and $16.7M for the three day to raise its cume to $209.2M.The rest of the line-up is pretty much as predicted with Warner Bros. Tammy No. 3 and tracking on the high end of the estimate below for the three-day ($12.6M to $13.2M) and surprisingly is holding its own with about a $5M take on Saturday. Perhaps it is because it’s the only relatively new comedy out there right now. But the Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel comedy Sex Tape comes out next weekend so Tammy will likely be kicked to the curb. Sex Tape, which starts out raunchy, works and is actually hilarious at times. Hope it works for Sony.Speaking of Sony, 22 Jump Street may take in around $2.6M to $3M tonight to raise its cume to around $6.5M to $7.2M (which was better than expected this AM), and Fox/DreamWorks Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon 2 looks like it is rounding out the Top Five as family audiences chose that over Relativity’s Earth to Echo today. Dragon, with an estimated $2.35M to $2.5M gross today, simply out-shined Echo as the picture of choice for the kiddies. Echo unearthed about $2.3M and is expected to pull in about $5.8M for the three-day compared to Dragon‘s $6.2M. Disney soars in with Planes: Fire and Rescue next weekend that is surely to conquer the family market next weekend. That’s how it looks so far tonight and will update again in the AM.

• Like 1

Then I'm sorry, but you gotta give back your Pfisterite member card. Jack will be so disappointed in you when he sees this.

Work and familial obligations. ;)Man, Tilda Swinton. She won't get it, but she deserves a supporting actress nomination.
  • Like 2

No, it's too weird and out there for the general audience. I think it would have mixed WOM for the exact reasons I loved it.

And disturbing. Bit I think Kal was asking about Apes, not Snowpiercer.
  • Like 3