CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

There are spiritual beliefs present, yes, but even the floating mountains are explained (they're laced with unobtanium ore, and Pandora has a powerful magnetic field... so the mountains float).

I don't recall that explanation in the movie. Was that in the extended cut?

• Like 1

latest update from Nikki Finke

FRIDAY 9 PM, 2ND UPDATE: Twentieth Century Fox/Chernin Entertainment’s sequel Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes earned an A- Cinemascore and is overperforming. Sources tell me today’s early domestic box office is targeting $26.5M for what may be a $70M first opening weekend from 3,967 U.S./Canadian theaters. Today’s figure includes Thursday’s $4.1M from 10 PM late shows and midnights at 2,750 runs. The Matt Reeves-directed sci-fi heavy special effects-laden actioner cost $170M  which Fox solely financed, according to the studio. "Great number, great start," a Fox exec says confidently. Until this afternoon the studio was still trying to lower expectations to $55M-$60M for the first weekend after last weekend’s lousy Independence Holiday results for overall moviegoing and the -19% downturn at midpoint in 2014 summer grosses. Big ticket-seller Fandango reports that Apes is scooping up 70% of all pre-sales, exceeding where the first pic was at this period. Reviews have been stellar with an astonishing (and rare) 91% positive on Rotten Tomatoes. Internationally, pic opens day and date in 28 markets this weekend, including Australia, South Korea, most  Southeast Asia. MORE LATER - See more at: http://nikkifinke.com/#sthash.E7rOph8s.dpuf
  • Like 8

I was wondering what that was for.

I got it to connect with the stroller at least.Posted Image

Make sure to practice installing the base and getting it in and out of the car before Ed Jr shows up. You'll appreciate not being a car seat virgin when you're dealing with a newborn.
  • Like 1

Can I just say Lord Miller both have the best profiles for any director

Lord: The Cloney w a Chance of Jump Balls Movie

Miller: So they're making a movie out of Lego bricks and a sequel to 21 Jump Street? Hollywood is officially out of ideas.

:wub: 

Those guys just seem to get it. They're fully in touch with the current moviegoing landscape and know how to exploit it for entertainment.

• Like 2

When Men take a 13 yr break and destroy their own unsinkable film domestic and worldwide.

Doubters betting on comic movie really need to sit in a corner.. This is James Cameron

nnot  a mere mortal your dealing with.

TTAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!

Not a mere mortals don't need gimmicks to break records Posted Image

• Like 1

I don't recall that explanation in the movie. Was that in the extended cut?

I don't recall if it was literally in the movie, but it's certainly inferred, even in the theatrical cut (we see the chunk of unobtanium floating in a magnetic field).
  • Like 1

I don't recall if it was literally in the movie, but it's certainly inferred, even in the theatrical cut (we see the chunk of unobtanium floating in a magnetic field).

They fucking float...I'm good with that explanation.
  • Like 1

That may be what Cameron's headcanon says, but most would not draw that conclusion on first watch. Even if it could be scientifically explained, it was clearly intended as one of those magical "ooh aah" moments.

So yes, it is fantasy, godammit!

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Hollywood maybe looking at brutal numbers this summer but they've done something right with critical reception. I can't remember a season like this where (with a few exceptions, of course) opener after opener is coming with an 80% or 90% critic rating.

• Like 1