CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Sherlock Holmes 2 - 40M; Alvin 3 - 23.5M; Mission Impossible 4 - 13M

Means GWTDT underperforms? YES!

You want it to fail?I know you hate Mara-mania... and Craig too right? I guess that makes sense.These are disappointing for SH2 and especially Alvin but we'll see what legs are like over the holidays. Plus overseas. Remember all those huge "bombs" last year on opening weekend ended up doing pretty well for themselves in the long haul- The Tourist, Narnia, Yogi Bear, Gulliver's Travels, Little Fockers...

Their are hoping for it to get closer to the 200M with some strong legs. I doubt that. I am thinking on a 175M DOM total.

Sherlock? Why would a rehash sequel have better legs than the first one? First one had a 3.37 multiplier. SH2 would need a 4.375 multiplier to hit $175m. No chance of that one happening.

You want it to fail?I know you hate Mara-mania... and Craig too right? I guess that makes sense.These are disappointing for SH2 and especially Alvin but we'll see what legs are like over the holidays. Plus overseas. Remember all those huge "bombs" last year on opening weekend ended up doing pretty well for themselves in the long haul- The Tourist, Narnia, Yogi Bear, Gulliver's Travels, Little Fockers...

And they can all say: thank you OS markets... Edited by CJohn

Sherlock? Why would a rehash sequel have better legs than the first one? First one had a 3.37 multiplier. SH2 would need a 4.375 multiplier to hit $175m. No chance of that one happening.

Ask this guy:

"We never had any intention of replicating those grosses. We have 9 days before we get to Christmas, and we will have substantial box office revenues by the time we get there. We will get to where we ended up with the first movie," Warner president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman said.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-report-sherlock-alvin-275093

Ask this guy:

"We never had any intention of replicating those grosses. We have 9 days before we get to Christmas, and we will have substantial box office revenues by the time we get there. We will get to where we ended up with the first movie," Warner president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman said.

http://www.hollywood...ck-alvin-275093

Nice spin Mr. Fellman. :lol:

You want it to fail?I know you hate Mara-mania... and Craig too right? I guess that makes sense.

I hate Salander, the most overrated, obnoxious, disgusting character ever. Girl Power who doesn`t shave armpits? is that a joke? Fuckin gross. get that bitch off my sight. Second, I hate Craig. Most boring, wooden, charisma-free actor around. Ugly as fuck too. Obnoxious and douchy. And combover to boot. The latter is unforgivable. Finally, the books are stupid and Swedish movies were predictable and tedious. What not to dislike?

Salander is a great character and the books are fantastic. I only wish she could have been played by Miranda Otto.

:lol: :lol: :lol:So hairy armpits + Orc teeth + Leno chin + french fries nipples that can take 10 piercings in a row + short ghunky legs. That`s a gargoyle version of Salander. Oh, wait, she is playing a gargoyle in a new movie.