#ED

Monday Actuals: Apes - 8.2M (Please keep the thread SFW!) | Actuals on p1 and p35

That's nice.

Have you ever been?

I think it is more that the forum users are not truly attached to any of the movies. For example, with Marvel, DC, Star Wars, LOTR, THG etc. there are a large number of users who either like or hate the movies leading to the weekend and weekday threads being filled with people who will discuss the movie. This summer has just not had a large group of users pulling for a movie (apart from maybe Maleficent and Dragon 2). Most movies this summer season seem like "Well, here is another movie that can be watched" instead of "I NEED to watch this movie". The lack of investment by users leads to lack of good discussions around the movies. 

The only movie I have actively been pulling for this summer has been "Edge of Tomorrow", I loved DOFP but DOFP did well and has almost completed its run. I'm hoping EOT gets to 100M, but it looks like it may end up slightly short.

Well there are users attached to Maleficent. That's where the current problem started.

Edited by ECSTASY

What did you do?

I slept late, went to the pool, ate at fancy restaurants, went to the spa, walked the strip, chilled at the outdoor bar, played the slots. You know the usual stuff you do in Vegas.

• Like 7

So the fault is Hollywood for not making any truly great movies this summer.

Yes, they did.

Naw... not really.  

Unlike most here I've really enjoyed almost every movie I've seen... including ASM2, Godzilla, TF4, and Maleficent... but I"m the 1st to admit none have had an exciting BO run.

The movie that shall not be named is the only one over performing and it won't hit 240.

Hell... Frozen might do more in Japan in 2014 then any summer movie domestically which is crazy.

Sorry for again talking about gifs, but I just wanted to say my opinion on this. I can definitely understand people who are annoyed by too many gifs, and I think just posting gifs (or memes for that matter) randomly is the wrong way. But completely ban them from threads would be wrong as well IMO. This forum is very lenient with rules, and we all should do our best to make sure that won't change.

I do think posting gifs or memes which relate to the topic can be really fun.

• Like 3

I must say, Shawn really did great with the decor. This forum gives some real feng shui. Most other forums in general that i looked at, for any topic, are ugly, messy, and look like theyre still in 1999. They have no real pleasing design. The design of this forum is really appealing and neat. Sorry IK thats not related to movies. In fairness I tried to stat a what-if July discussion and like 2 people responded. Ya meen?

• Like 3