Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

If it has Avengers-level of casual walkup ticket sales later tonight, then probably. 125-130 million is likely with that number though if MoS got 116 million from a 44 million OD in June.And $400 million would become a legitimate possibility (450 million too). Not trying to go crazy, so I'd say a $50 million opening day is doubtful but I've seen crazier box office stories (Blind Side, Frozen, Avatar, Avengers, Gravity, Inception, Finding Nemo, POTC 1, Iron Man, Hangover 1, Wedding Crashers, Passion of the Christ, Shrek 2, Austin Powers 2, Fahrenheit 9/11)

LOL No No No.

• Like 6

It did $371,000 last night but we all know that this is the kind of movie that will make 99.9% of its business over the weekend and not on Thursday night.

$37.1 million would be an amazing OW for Get on Up considering GotG is breaking out. It's the kind of movie that gets a 4x-5x multi anyways

Well, the butthurt is a bit more muted than I expected. But still just as hilarious as always.Seriously, Dex. Let it go. Your hate towards Marvel is just getting illogical at this point :lol:

• Like 5

I remember when I was younger I watched Chris Pratt on the tv show Everwood. He was like the annoying older brother of one of the female characters. Look at him now! 

And his sister on that show, Emily Van Camp, is not doing bad for herself between headlining a popular/much-talked-about show (Revenge) and a supporting role in Captain America 2 that I assume will extend to other movies in this universe.

Well, the butthurt is a bit more muted than I expected. But still just as hilarious as always.Seriously, Dex. Let it go. Your hate towards Marvel is just getting illogical at this point :lol:

They are still hoping for an epic Friday collapse. I think the butthurt will come out if the movie can sustain the momentum into the evening, lol.

• Like 1

I think Disney is on her shit list. Wonder why.

Last month, the New York Post fired entertainment reporter Nikki Finke, shortly after the Walt Disney Company complained about two stories that appeared in the Post under Finke's byline on January 29 [2002].

http://www.villagevoice.com/2002-03-19/news/who-s-afraid-of-mickey-mouse/which led to Finke v. Disney:http://www.leagle.com/decision/20034382CalRptr3d436_1403in which she was defeated (scroll down).But apparently she hated them even before that.
  • Like 2

Not to mention Lego Movie 2, GotG2, Avengers 3, and any other projects he gets involved in. Plus he's been doing Parks and Rec for a while. He could definitely become a draw at this point

And he was on the OC for a bit, and he used to star on Everwood

• Like 1

It did $371,000 last night but we all know that this is the kind of movie that will make 99.9% of its business over the weekend and not on Thursday night.

I figured there wouldn't be a whole lot. 

Still I wonder if this will be highest opening for a Chadwick Boseman plays a famous Africian American biopic

http://www.villagevoice.com/2002-03-19/news/who-s-afraid-of-mickey-mouse/which led to Finke v. Disney:http://www.leagle.com/decision/20034382CalRptr3d436_1403in which she was defeated (scroll down).But apparently she hated them even before that.

Great investigative skills.  So the hate is real, lol.

They are still hoping for an epic Friday collapse. I think the butthurt will come out if the movie can sustain the momentum into the evening, lol.

Hey E. Well, it'll come more and persist throughout the run. We're in for the long haul.BTW, the gag reel for CA2 leaked, just thought you should know. If you want to watch it, let me know.

And his sister on that show, Emily Van Camp, is not doing bad for herself between headlining a popular/much-talked-about show (Revenge) and a supporting role in Captain America 2 that I assume will extend to other movies in this universe.

Yeah thats true. Emily Van Camp is doing pretty well also. 

Hey E.Well, it'll come more and persist throughout the run. We're in for the long haul.BTW, the gag reel for CA2 leaked, just thought you should know. If you want to watch it, let me know.

I'm in no hurry. I prefer to watch these things on the blu ray so I can have something to look forward to. But thanks anyway.

• Like 1

If it does Avengers-level business this weekend it could open to 200M #nonsensethatsoundsthoughtful

Yep. Or it could just blow the Avengers OW out of the water.

#I am Groot!

• Like 2